We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilderness Lodge

ohio
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Topic
Wilderness Lodge

Hi,

We are planning a trip in early November and were looking at staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I am seeing mixed reviews on this property and was looking for some direction. Has anyone stayed there recently? Curious about the pools, cleanliness, food, etc. Any advise would be appreciated. We are traveling with two small children, ages 5 & 6.

Thanks!

mbac

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilderness Lodge

The Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Lodge serves great breakfast , lunch and dinner and has entertainment during the meals that the family would love.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilderness Lodge

Stayed here a year ago. Everything was great. We were a family of four with two adults and kids ages 4 and 8 at the time. I do not know of the negative posts but this resort is great. We had no problems except for when we checked in. We were given a room on the 5th floor with a balcony which was blocked and you could not see out unless you stood up. Luckily our room smelled of smoke and I complained since I had made reservations one year in advance. They were great and gave us another room which was one floor down and with a good view. I would just say if you stay at this resort beware of the top floor ( I believe) had blocked view of the Lagoon from the balcony. Any question please ask, but do not hesitate to stay at this resort. Also, we had a queen bed and bunk beds for the kids which they enjoyed.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wilderness Lodge

To answer your question about pools. Yes, they are great kids loved them and resort very clean no problem there. Have a great time wherever you stay.

canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wilderness Lodge

My sister & her family stayed there a few weeks ago, & said the hotel was the best part of the vacation. Loved the large lounge areas in front of fireplaces, great staff, great location. Enjoy!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wilderness Lodge

For me the rooms tend to be just a bit small, but with that said we always go there for dinner at Artist Point. We have a glass of wine on the rocks over the pool before dinner. The kids seem to be having a great time down at the pool. The lobby is wonderful , large, tall, a creek running through it . Its one of my favorite places at Disney.

ohio
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wilderness Lodge

Thanks for everyone's input. The Wilderness definitely seems like a possibility.

mbac

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wilderness Lodge

mbac0704,

The Wilderness Lodge has the best Christmas decorations of any of the hotels.

We have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed.

I have never stayed there, but the pool looks to be a good size for the number of people that use it.

CTR

Kentucky
Level Contributor
9 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wilderness Lodge

You will not be disappointed. We went in June with a 3 and 4 year old. November the weather should be more bearable. Whispering Canyon is a great place to eat.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wilderness Lodge

The pool is one of the nicest features about Wilderness Lodge.

The entire "courtyard" area where Silver Creek runs through is beautiful.

Here is a page with photos:

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_wl.htm

10. Re: Wilderness Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 19:18