We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wdw tickets-no expiration option

Saint Paul, MN
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
wdw tickets-no expiration option

Thinking about buying 8day tickets and only using 4 can i buy the no experation at the end of the trip, or do you have to purchase it at the when you buy your tickets from window. Also does it save money to only save 4 days versus 8 days? Thanks.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
470 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Gillett, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

That is an option when you purchase the tickets. We always buy the longest ticket available. We know that we will always be going back and the prices will always go up, so buy now, use later is my motto.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,661 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

We do this all the time too, in order to save money down the road. Actually, you can buy 10-day tickets now, which is the best "per day price" of any. We are still using tickets we bought in 2002.

It definitely saves money to purchase as many days as you can, in the long run.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
805 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

I know they are doing DNA matching <g> on Disney tickets now to make sure that you don't share tickets. Question - does this apply to no-expire tickets? For example: My wife and I go with the 2 (adult) kids this year. We get 10 day tix for all. Use 6 days. Next year it is just wife and I. Can we use the 4 leftover days from the kids tickets for ourselves or is that pattern match still in the system?

That asked, exactly how long does the pattern match stay in effect? Just for the day? For the week? For ever?

Thanks!

-dragon

Nature Coast...
Level Contributor
193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

The no expiration option will cost you the same no matter how many days are on the tickets, so it will not save you money to buy it at the end.

Your fingerprint gets encoded onto your ticket on the first use. From that point forward (forever), only that person can use the ticket.

Hope that helps.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,661 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

Pixie,

You're incorrect about the "no expiration" option being a flat fee. Only the "park hopper" and the "water parks and more" options are flat fees no matter how many days you buy.

The "no expiration" option increases in cost per ticket with the more days you purchase. For instance, if you buy a 3-day ticket, no expiration option costs an extra $15+ tax. If you buy a 4-day ticket, no expiration option costs just to an extra $40 + tax. This goes all the way up to the 10-day max of an extra $155 + tax.

It is true, however, that only the person using a ticket for the first time can use it from now on because of the "finger scan" they have tied to that ticket. I've heard of folks getting around this, but that's the official rule.

Nashville
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

So, because the no expiration option varies with the number of days purchased, will the amount I have to pay for this option be less after I have used a few days on my multi-day ticket, or is it always the same no matter how many days I use up - ie if I buy a 5 day pass, and use 3 days, I pay the no expiration option for the 5 days, not only for 2 remaining days?

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,021 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

I think you have to buy the no expiration option at the same time as buying the tickets, therefore how many days you have left at the end of your trip is irrelevant, in terms of the initial cost.

hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

You can add the no expiry option within 14 days however the cost will be on the original amount of days you purchased and not what you have left.

Chris

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,661 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

Chris is correct.

Even if you've used 3 or 4 days on a multi-day ticket, then decide to "add on" the No Expiration option, the cost will be for the orginal number of days you purchased on the tickets.

So, say you bought 10-day tickets, used 6 days, then decided to purchase the "no expiration" option on the remaining days to save for another trip. You cost to add on the "no expiration" option will be the cost of the full 10-days you originally bought.

10. Re: wdw tickets-no expiration option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 13:18