We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas???

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
838 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas???

My sister and her family are going to Orlando in mid May for a 4 day trip. This will be her daughter's first trip. She is in kindergarten and has invited the whole class to go (her father tells me the the class will be unable to make the trip).

My niece loves all things Disney, especially the princesses. But, she has told me that she does not like rollercoasters.

They already have reservations out side the park and are planning to spend 3 days in Orlando and one day on the ocean.

I am looking for ideas to make my niece's trip a memorable one.

Thank You for your help!

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas???

don't worry there isn't that many rollercoasters anyway sh'll still enjoy herself

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas???

Book a princess or minnie mouse character meal. Kids love this and like getting the characters autographs . You can buy autograph books at most shops in Disney World. There are many rides at the Magic Kingdom in fantasy land that she will love like It's a Small World", dumbo, aladin's flying carpet, winnie the pooh ride. . My daughter loved meeting Ariel and getting her autograph and photo taken with her. If she like Minnie mouse she will love visitning Minnie's house at the Magic Kingdom.

If you go to MGM she will love the Little Mermaid show.

At Animal Kingdom there is the Lion King show , Pochohontis show, and triceretops spin ride she would love, also lots of animals to see.

Memphis
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas???

My daughter is in kindergarten and we are going to Disney next week for spring break. Since this will be her first visit, I also wanted to make it memerable. I will write a trip report when we get back.

We have reservations for:

Character dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

Princess Breakfast at Epcot - Norway

Breakfast at Cinderellas Royal Feast at Castle

Character dinner at Crystal Palace

Also check out the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney.

It sounded like a fun thing to do our last morning there before we catch a 1:30 pm flight. There are several "makeover" packages to choose from. I booked the middle package which includes nails, makeup and choice of 3 princess hairstyles.

This is my 9th trip to Disney, but it's been 8 years since my last visit.

We decided to leave my husband and sons (9th grade and college)at home and have a really fun mother -daughter trip doing all girl

stuff! (Believe me--they were happy to miss this one!)

Call (407) 939-3463 now to try and book meals--especially princess meals--they are really hard to get.

UK
Level Contributor
634 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas???

One thing that keeps striking me about the Americans on this board is how much they pack into their generally short "vacations"... You certainly don't waste your days do you!?!?!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
85 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas???

If she loves Princess's then you must go and have a make over at

Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique!!!

This is inside the BIGGEST DISNEY STORE at Down town Disney.

You must make a reservation, you cannot just turn up.

Memphis
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas???

slacey1070--you are so right!!! I am envious of those who can take 2-3 week vacations and do it slow. Unfortunately we will be on the fast track--I was planning to stay a week, but since I'm using miles for airfare, I had to go when I could go for free! We will arrive the afternoon of the 13th and leave the afternoon of the 17th and we plan to do as much as we can in that time. (Since it will just be the two of us, we can get a lot done and not spend a lot of time waiting on others and having to do what they want to do--and when we get tired, we'll leave!) I know we will sleep well each night! We are both so excited! Eight more days!

Jacksonville, NC
Level Contributor
323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas???

I agree with the earlier post. She must go to Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique and do the princess makeover. I watched them doing that last week and dreamed of the day my now 2 1/2 year old would be old enough for that.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideas???

rwdw

If she does not like rollercoasters she has chosen the perfect place by spending a few days in Disney.

9. Re: Ideas???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 14:17