We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

If you had the choice between the two which would you Choose?

USA
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

California Grill--- the pace is excellent

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,515 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

If you can book a reservation at California Grill and be able to see the Wishes fireworks show at Magic Kingdom, I'd choose it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

As with many Disney dining experiences, atmosphere trumps food quality. Not so with these choices. California grill excels at both. Yacht Club serves up nicely overpriced steaks in very ordinary surroundings. You didn't choose Disney for "ordinary"

Coral Springs FL
Level Contributor
741 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

Have you looked at Narcoosee at the Grand Floridian? Narcoosee has much better food, and is right on the dock so you could come out from dinner and watch the Wishes fireworks at magic kingdom.

Just look up what time wishes is on the day you will be going, and book about 2 hours before or 1 hour after, and you will have a great time!

Just my opinion!

Lisa

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

Hello doyle,

Here's another vote for the California Grill, however I love the Boardwalk area and you might want to consider a meal on another day. If your looking for a great steak you might want to consider Shula's Steak House at the Dolphin resort or for great seafood, Todd English's Bluezoo also located at the Dolphin Resort. Another good choice for seafood is located on the Boardwalk, The Flying Fish Cafe.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

Highly recommend Shula's Steakhouse at the Swan and Dolphin Resort. Expensive however the best steaks ever.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

Thanks everyone. We are not going till next January but just starting to look at some of the dining options. This time we will be doing the meal plan and are staying at the Polynesian. Even though it is very expensive that is where my husband wants to stay. Our last visit we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge which was wonderful and the kids loved it. My husband and I stayed at the Polynesian 16 years ago on our honeymoon.

Thanks again for everyones input!

8. Re: California Grill or Yachtsman Steakhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 12:25