We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food options in Disney Parks

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Food options in Disney Parks

Hello. I'm visiting Disney world Orlando with my parents, sister and niece. We don't really eat alot of burgers, fries and pizzas and my mum likes simple food. We're also on a budget. Do any of the quick service restaurants have options like soup or baked/jacket potatos? I've looked at various menus online and can't find many other options.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
pa
Level Contributor
55,114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

Lots of options besides burgers and fries

http://allears.net/dining/menu

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

You can bring your own food into the parks if you like. There is a great website that has all the menus on Disney property at allears.net. I hope you find it helpful.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,062 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

You will find a good deal of variety at most of the counter service places.We eat burgers and fries but not at Disney,they aren't very good. We like Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, they have great grilled chicken and grilles salmon. and soup.Columbia Harbour House has a nice variety of sandwiches and soups. HS-well,bring a granola bar. At AK,we like flame Tree Barbecue. In general, at any Disney restaurant, the simpler, the better.

Texas
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

There are lots of food options. We were just there for 7 days. We ate lunch at quick service counters and never once had a burger or fries. The majority of the counter services have other options especially healthy options.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

There are a lot of good options at Disney Parks, we never ate anywhere but quick service restaurants and there are many healthy choices. I recommend that you try Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, Pecos Bills at Magic Kingdom and at Animal Kingdom there is a grill place in between Asia and Africa that was very good.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

Chef Mwanga's in the Harambe Market, Animal Kingdom has some really healthy and great tasting choices. I also really liked the atmosphere. Another thing about eating at Disney is they are very accommodating and if you ask for a substitution or a deletion of an ingredient they are pretty good about it. Two years ago, one of my people was a vegetarian and we managed quite nicely. Super nice staff at the eateries.

Edited: 19 October 2017, 22:10
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

If you want really great tips on Disney food and all kinds of other things, I found this website to be the best.

http://www.disneydining.com/

Columbia...
Level Contributor
526 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

Bringing your own snacks will be healthier and cheaper for sure. We always have food delivered to our Disney hotel by gardengrocers.com. Also, on my last trip, often i ordered a kids quick service meal. Comes with 2 healthy sides. Prevented me from over eating also and feeling lousy. I mean, who feels good eating vacation food for a week? ugh

aurora, co
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

We found good counter service options all Disney parks except Hollywood Studios. As others have mentioned Columbia Harbour House is at the Magic Kingdom and has good counter service choices. At Hollywood Studios we've tried: The ABC Commissary - strange selections, kids didn't like any of the choices. Fairfax Fare - barbecue was cold, slimy and tasteless. Mama Melrose - pizza was bland, could use more cheese. 50's Primetime Cafe (now Rosie's) - this was the worst choice. Fried chicken was too salty and very dry. French dip roast beef was that "pretend" roast beef you get in plastic packages for a buck each. If we eat there we go to the Backlot Express and just have burgers and fries,. These are basic burgers and fries, but they are edible.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food options in Disney Parks

You nailed it regarding the roast beef

wascolotraveler

aurora, co

I think that is the same roast beef they use at Be Our Guest

Reply to: Food options in Disney Parks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted