We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra magic hours?

Level Contributor
371 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Extra magic hours?

How do people feel about early morning extra magic hours? I’ve read mixed reviews that say must do and avoid. We will be going he week after american Thanksgiving 2018. Never used EMH in our planning in the past and wonder if it’s helpful in addition to booking fp. Thanks!!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
9 replies to this topic
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra magic hours?

We've used them at both ends of the day..

I'd say definitely a perk to use:-):-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra magic hours?

We don’t bother with the early AM ones (apart from our first day) but take full advantage of the PM ones.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,255 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extra magic hours?

We've never used them, can't be bothered getting up even earlier. My friend finally tried the morning MK hours on her last trip (after never using them) and said only one section was opened (don't know if this is still the case) and it was very crowded because of that, so she wasn't impressed :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extra magic hours?

We hate getting up on vacation, but we did take advantage of the EMH at Animal Kingdom just a few weekends ago. We did not have FP's for FOP but wanted to try to get there early and see how long the line would be. We ended up "only" waiting in line for 40 min, so I have to say that was a win for us. It was much cooler in the morning and the park wasn't as busy. However, by 10am we were so hungry and looking for lunch, but nothing was really open. We decided it was worth it for FOP that one time, but we will go back to sleeping in and getting to the parks around noon! LOL We prefer the nighttime EMH. Then we feel it 's a great way to get on the rides that normally have a long line.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extra magic hours?

We always take advantage of morning EMH, but I'm usually traveling with "morning people" like myself.

I used to do evening EMH at parks when closing times were early, but that really doesn't happen much anymore. When AK had a three-hour evening EMH and closed to the public at 5:00 PM, we'd take advantage of all three hours and still usually got back to the hotel by 9:00 PM.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,583 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extra magic hours?

We like the morning hours. Not everything is open at Magic Kingdom, but we have never found it overly crowded. The first couple hours of evening EMH are madhouses in my opinion. People don't want to wake up early, then people don't want to be up late...so morning EMH and the last hour of evening EMH are the most productive hours we have in the parks!

We often like to do morning EMH and then book a character brunch that day. We are super productive all morning and then take a break to eat around 10:45 when the crowds really start to pick up from the sleepyheads rolling in.

Level Contributor
359 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extra magic hours?

We get up and use them we can’t sleep when in Disney. Haha. I sleep when I get home. Lol!!!

Level Contributor
359 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Extra magic hours?

Even when my girls were little we got up early as my husband says to them you have been trained up early and late to bed.. haha just us!

conn
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Extra magic hours?

I don't do morning hours I prefer to do a breakfast buffet in stead.

Reply to: Extra magic hours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted