We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time?

Austin,TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
Enough time?

We have an ADR for the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the day we leave. We're staying at GF, the restaurant is at Disney's Boardwalk. Reservation is at 8:45. We'll be utilizing the Magical Express and I read that it is now picking up four hours prior to departure time. Our flight leaves at 3:50.

How long does it take to get from GF to the Boardwalk? Will the timing work for this? And how would we get there? Take the monorail to Epcot then walk?

10 replies to this topic
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,383 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Enough time?

You need to get to the restaurant by 8:30 a.m. (keep in mind you may not be seated on time). If Epcot is opening at 9:00 a.m. that morning that wouldn't work, but anyway that would be a long/time consuming walk to the restaurant on the Boardwalk. (plus you would need a day left on your ticket to get in Epcot) You could take the bus to Hollywood Studios and then take the boat or walk from there. I would probably just use uber/lyft. Sometimes travel at Disney can take an hour or more.

As for getting back for Magic Express, if it's still 4 hours before, it would be 11:50 a.m. pick up and they want you out there 15 minutes ahead of the pick up time in case. I personally wouldn't be able to enjoy my breakfast...lol Maybe you can make it earlier?

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: Enough time?

It is my strong opinion that you’ll have PLENTY OF TIME and won’t need to feel rushed at breakfast.

Even if you’re seated at 9:15, you’ll easily be done breakfast by 10:45. Walk out the front of the hotel and catch a waiting taxi to take you back to Grand Floridian, that’ll take less than 20 minutes. So now it’s 11:05 ... let’s even call it 11:15 ... and you’re still more than 30 minutes early for your ride.

And this example is assuming you get seated a full 30 minutes AFTER your ADR time, that you have a leisurely meal, and that it will take 30 minutes to drive between two Disney resorts. In other words, I’m kind of presenting you with a worst case scenario and it still works out pretty easily.

I say go for it. :-)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,535 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Enough time?

I personally wouldn’t do it. Too much clock watching for me.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
471 posts
4. Re: Enough time?

I agree with CleveRocks, you have plenty of time for breakfast. You will have a full three hours between the start of your breakfast reservation and the time that you need to be back at the hotel. Even if you are seated late, you can still have a very leisurely meal and take taxi/Uber back to the GF with plenty of time to spare. And even if, against all odds, you somehow missed your Magical Express bus, you still have tons of time to get to the airport via taxi or Uber.

Austin,TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
5. Re: Enough time?

So far I haven't been able to change the reservation as it's been booked up. I was lucky enough to get that date and time! I'll keep checking and maybe something will open up. As of right now, I'm on the fence- I have two girls who love Rapunzel and Ariel.

This is going to sound like a ridiculous question so bear with me- do we need car seats for the girls (ages 3 and 5 yrs) if we do Uber/Lyft or a taxi? It's a total of six in our party- are there minivan taxi's or can I request a specific type of vehicle from Uber/Lyft?

6. Re: Enough time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 November 2017, 15:44

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Enough time?

http://www.mifold.com/

This was a lifesaver for our 4 year old on a recent trip when we used Uber pretty much everywhere.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,535 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Enough time?

"do we need car seats for the girls (ages 3 and 5 yrs)"

Yes for the 3 year old and a booster OR a car seat for the 5 year old. A bus is the only place you would be allowed to not use them.

Austin,TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
9. Re: Enough time?

I found this option which seems good, especially as there is room for six and it has two car seats.

wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/…

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,738 posts
130 reviews
10. Re: Enough time?

If your worried about timing, maybe get there a little earlier & register, you never know they may get you seated sooner..

This has happened to us on numerous occasions ;-);-)

Reply to: Enough time?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted