We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

We are visiting Magic Kingdom for one day with our 11 year old grandson and would like to visit a restaurant at one of the resorts outside of the park for a couple of hours. We don't want fine dining but somewhere with decent food at a reasonable price. Italian cuisine is a favourite but not essential.

Any suggestions most welcome

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from US$118.99*
22 replies to this topic
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,469 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

Walkable??

The Wave at Contemporary..

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

Thanks Mike

Does not have to be walkable as we would use the monorail if at another resort

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,469 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

Perfect, it's on monorail resort line;-);-)

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,567 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

Another vote for The Wave. Unfortunately there are no Italian restaurants on the Monorail loop.

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

There's really no bad choice at any of the monorail resorts. None are Italian but all range from pretty good to very good, in my opinion.

The Wave is a good choice, Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, Citricos, Narcoosees, Kona Cafe or Ohana are good, as well. Check out the menu's on line. Some are pricier than others and I'm not sure if all serve lunch or only breakfast and dinner.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,966 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

When will you be there? Please be advised that many of the most popular monorail resort restaurants will require reservations. Advanced Disney dining reservations open 180 days prior and the popular ones do book up early.

You might enjoy a leisurely 10 minute boat ride to Wilderness Lodge and a fun meal at Whispering Canyon. The wait staff is a bit interactive so you might check to see if that interests you (YouTube). The Lodge is beautiful and nestled in a quiet wooded area and cannot be reached by monorail, just a very short boat trip.

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
312 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

I know you said you'd like to visit a resort to eat, but since you are only going to be at MK for one day, and you'd prefer Italian, Tony's Town Square serves Italian and is inside MK. It is probably along the lines of Olive Garden, but it is convenient.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,052 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

The Wave is good ;also the Grand Floridian Cafe

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

I'd put Tony's below the Olive Garden and it's more expensive. Probably the worst restaurant at Magic Kingdom.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation

We got in to Tony's one day (I think it was even July 4th) without reservations. It wasn't horrible. I think for the convenience of being in MK, it's not a bad choice. Plus, it is Italian. Leaving to eat and coming back could take a chunk out of your park time.

If that's not an issue, the the Wave is our choice. Kona Cafe was OK, but when we were there it was busy and loud. I felt like we were eating in a cafeteria in the hotel lobby. People and kids running and screaming everywhere.

Reply to: Magic Kingdom Resort Restaurant Recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted