We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding a great motel

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
arkansas
7 posts
Save Topic
Need help finding a great motel

We are planning a trip to Florida. I was there about 20 years ago, it will be my girl's first time. They are 19, 15, and 13. We would like to go in June. Also 3 others might be going also. I plan on getting the universal 5-flex ticket. Where would be the best place to buy one? And also, we need help on picking a motel. We are use to holiday inns, this time we would like something fancier, not real expensive, great, clean rooms, would like to have a fancy pool. We started to book with Floridays but then found out it is non smoking! Could someone please help me find one nice like the Floridays, not as expensive as Omni, but with a pool something like Omni, that allows smoking? Thank you

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,730 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding a great motel

You can purchase the 5-park flex ticket for Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, etc. from any of the honoring park's websites or in person at the parks.

Sounds like you'd like to find a hotel in the I-Drive/Universal area, but I'm not familiar with too many up there. Homewood Suites seems to get top billing, but that's the limit to my knowledge.

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding a great motel

Homewood suites is great. Free transport to all parks, free drinks and lite dinners Mon.-Thurs. suite style rooms. Free breakfasts each morning.

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help finding a great motel

For tickets try mapleleaftickets.com, ticketmania.com, and undercovertourist.com and compare prices. All are legit companies and are highly recommended on this site. You may also want to look at hotel prices on mapleleaftickets.com sometimes they have great deals on hotels.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,811 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help finding a great motel

try the other condo hotels like Windsor Palms/windsor hills. If they are NS, they have nice screened in balconies to sit and smoke. Try Cypress Pointe too, I think they have some smoking units cuz it's also a timeshare (you can book it several places including hotelkingdom.com). A 3bed condo sounds like what you need but a 2 bed using the pullout might work too.

arkansas
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help finding a great motel

Thank you very much for both of your help!!! It is a hard choice on the motel part. I want a motel with the maid service, but I need the room like Floridays. I will check out the motels, you have mentioned also the ones on I drive. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! We would want one, with the maid service, and a nice big pool with maybe water slide, lazy river, etc. I am willing to go up to 190 a night for a two bedroom. thanks again!!

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help finding a great motel

Residence inn near seaworld is a nice resort with a great pool and free breakfast. Free transport to the parks too.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
640 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help finding a great motel

I wouldn't write Floridays off - you can smoke outside on the balconies.

arkansas
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help finding a great motel

Ms Dragon----- You are right, I haven't cut Floridays out completely, I just like the idea of being able to lay in bed and smoke a cigarette if I want to, not go to the balcony. I have been sitting here at the pc every night checking out the different places, looking at reviews from here, and I still not no closer in knowing what to do!!! This will be my girls first visit, since it has took this many years to finally be able to afford to go. It will also be a vacation for me, as we don't get to go on vacation every year, just about once every 6 to 10 years! So I am not wanting a room that I have to keep tidy or buy necessary supplies like the villas require, not wanting a self contained one, I don't want to do much of nothing but pick my clothes up and make morning coffee!! LOL. So all suggestions on motels will be highly appreciated, I am looking for 3 1/2 star on up. thanks!

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help finding a great motel

If you don't mind staying further away from Universal , there are several options that may suit you. Country Inn & Suites Calypso Cay. Great pool with waterslide, suite style rooms available free transport to all parks. Another hotel sharing the pool area with Country inn is Amerisuites at Calypso Cay. Another option is Sheratin Inn Safari. Nice pool with python waterslide afrian themed rooms and suites, Comfort Suites Maingate east, nice suite style rooms great pool, free breakfast , sister property is Quality Suites maingate east. Comfort Suites is #2 on tripadvisor for Kissimmee hotels Quality Suites is #30 something. Both nice hotels though. Last choice of mine would be the Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista, free breakfast, nice pool with waterfall and slide, but pool is kind of small. Hope this helps.

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help finding a great motel

If you can't find anything else try wdwpackages.com they have a deal on the Omni for $179 per night and they also have theme park tickets for universal.