We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Tips/suggestions

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Tips/suggestions

Hello All,

This will be my families 1st trip together ( well 5 of the ladies) the group will consist of my sister, mother and nieces 8/14. We are planning on going to Orlando for 5 days and then Ft. Lauderdale for 5. We have a condo for 5 in Orlando and a resort w/ cooking facilities in Ft. Lauderdale. I made sure that eating out every night wouldn't burn a hole in mine and my sisters pockets. I want the run-down on the must see's do's & dont's

My questions are :

1. Do we need to bring any beach things with us? I don't mean sunblock, repellant and things like that I mean chairs, umbrellas etc.

2. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to make the trip as inexpensive as possible?

3. Are there anythings that we should NOT bring with us?

4. Are there somethings that we can do that don't involve mickey, minnie and the rest of the animals? I'd like for us to site see because I can't imagine being in parks all week long.

5. Adult night life...is there any? My sister & I want to party it up ..(well not too much) once my nieces are sleeping.

I've been to Fl many times but I do my own thing planning a trip for a group makes me have to think about so many "minor details" We're from PA and as the trip planner I have no Idea what to bring. All suggestions & tips are welcome

Thanks a million

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Tips/suggestions

Since you're asking if you should bring chairs, umbrellas etc, I take it that you're driving. In that case, since you already have a resort reserved, I would call them and ask if they provide those items. If not, and you think you need them, then bring them.

All tourist cities have night life to any degree you need. LOL.

Anything you should not bring? Any store/shop you have in College, PA, you will find in Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale plus a few more aimed at tourists.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Tips/suggestions

Hi

here are my suggestions....

1. call the resort that you will be staying at in Ft. Lauderdale and ask them if you need to bring chairs/umbrellas.

2. I think the most expensive part of your trip will probably be food. I'm going to assume that you are driving. i would find a WalMart close to the condo where you are staying and buy stuff for dinner/snacks. You can take bottles of water and snacks into the park each day but then you have to carry it around all day.

3. Anything that you have to buy but you are not sure if you are going to need it or not. You can always buy it once you get here.

4. There are lots of things you can do that doesn't involve the parks.

EddieK has a great go list with things to do. You can check that out under his name.

5. While you are in Orlando, you can visit Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney. It has several clubs you can visit. There is also City Walk at Universal.

Enjoy your trip

3. Re: Trip Tips/suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 00:19