We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire

Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
596 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotwire

trying to book Westin diplomat on hotwire, there one minute gone the next.. does anybody use hotwire and is it a see it and buy it kind of thing... many thanks.....furbs

Crestline...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire

Avoid Hotwire! I'm suing them. they promise a certain hotel, when you actually pay, you get a DIFFERENT hotel. That's why it was gone...they used the Westin to get you committed to booking there then pull it away.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
379 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire

Hotwire is the opposite of " see it and buy it" - you are not supposed to know what hotel you are getting til after you payed for it. Sometimes you can "guess" from description ..but I found the process to risky and the end result not so great.( the savings were not huge) I do recommend using Priceline ... but with caution and a support web site is a must ( there are a couple like bidding for travel . something)As always, hit high ( 4 star hotels have the best deals)The Westin should be under resort....( pls. double check)

priceline.com

biddingfortravel.com

Proceed with caution!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotwire

We have used hotwire many times. Over a dozen or more times for hotels and a couple of times for rental cars. We have been pleased every time. It is non refundable and you do NOT know what hotel (or car rental company) you are getting until after you pay. It does vary from day to day on what is availalble. Prices also vary within a few dollars or so too. We have always been pleased and will continue using hotwire in the future. Usually, we get the best price if booking 1-3 months prior. Of course, you may be limited on availability if you wait too long, so if you find a good deal or what you are looking for, I'd book it right away.

Central NY
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotwire

Why anyone would use Hotwire or Priceline to obtain a hotel in Orlando is beyond me. You can find resorts with 1BR, 2BR and 3BR condos for far less on Ebay. You get kitchens, living rooms, multiple bathrooms, jacuzzis and a whole lot more, with NO PRESENTATIONS to attend. Please...check Ebay. I sell these on Ebay and can tell you from 4 years (plus) of experience, that there is no other (or better!) way to see Orlando, or most other tourist destinations. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you - I will get down off my soap-box, now!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
379 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotwire

Just a quick note to clarify that the Westin Diplomat is not in Orlando...as for the Ebay - don't get me started lol

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotwire

Ebay to book you dream holiday.............lol

Even with the paypal protection (another con) you are hardly guaranteed anything, no contract, no trail, nothing. The payemt protection is geared all towards the seller and not the nuyer and is very hard to claim any money back.

Why not book through a reputable agent..........?

It's worked for millions of folks and gives you a guarantee.

Marshall, Minnesota
Level Contributor
256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotwire

Ebay, is an area, where someone can easily be conned. Easy for a bait and switch as well. Priceline and Hotwire are both repubiable companies. While they have strict rules and some disapointed people, it just goes with the game. They also have people who are fixed in one location, that you can call and complain to. Also there are sites, where you can compimplate your bid.

~JS

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotwire

In the Search box just type hotwire then spend some time reading the posts most of which are complaints about there operation .

There is very little to trust about them .

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotwire

If you use an online service to book a stay, make sure you contact the hotel directly by phone to confirm your reservation and give them any instructions, like you will be arriving late. I tried one online service one time, happened to call to confirm, since it was a first for me. When we got there, late as I had told the online firm to convey to the hotel, they said it was a good thing I had called as they cannot see the part I put in about arriving late and if I hadn't called they would have rented our room out from under us at 10 pm because the area was very busy that weekend.

This will probably get this thread locked, but I always call the hotels direct and the prices quoted are usually lower than shown online.

A lot of the rooms shown online are two double beds or two queen beds and often not ocean front but are ocean view. The ones that are less popular unless you have kids with you.

chicago
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotwire

www.disneyworld.com Book a hotel from there. You will appreciate my advise