We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

Toronto
Level Contributor
919 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

I understand that evening EMH allow you to be in the park 3 additional hours.... but even without EMH, Typhoon Lagoon will be open until 8pm

What can we do there from 8 to 11pm? Will be water rides still open?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

Very good question, as I don't think anyone has ever asked about evening EMH at Typhoon Lagoon.

I've never done EMH at a water park, but my guess is that some things will close once it gets dark, and maybe even the wave pool.

Anyone every done evening EMH at Typhoon?

Toronto
Level Contributor
919 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

This question is very important to us, as we're making restaurants' reservations. We want to book Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney West side (as there is nothing in waterpark). Thebig question what time to book?!

If majority of the waterrides will be anyway closed, than we gonna book restaurant late in the evening, But if from 8 to 11pm everything will be open, some nice illumination, not so crowded - than we'd like to book restaurant much earlier and come back to the park at evening EMH.

Maybe I may call directly Typhoon Lagoon and ask?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

If you do find out, please post back what you find.

This will be helpful information for future guests.

Florida
Level Contributor
326 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

I can't imagine the entire park not having the lighting necessary to accomodate the extra hours if provided. However, last month at TL, the EMH was only one extra hour. Maybe July will be different?

Toronto
Level Contributor
919 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

I called Guest Services ... they don't know...the only think rep told me, that if they have scheduled EMH , they (TL) should be prepared (lighting and so on)

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

For the waterparks it's only 1 hour not 3 hours it's the regular parks that have 3 hours I know alot of people would love to have the waterpark open 3hours later but I think they do that because they don't have that much lighting for that big waterpark,

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

I saw this too, as I will be there in August and TL is open every day for morning EMH and some nights for EMH. An extra hour is always nice!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
919 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

The guy from guest services was talking about 3 hours EMH... but he was very uncertain....

9. Re: Evening Extra Magic Hours at Typhoon Lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 16:16