We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Invited to an August session of cow tipping

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Invited to an August session of cow tipping

I have been contacted by Mr Alun Stewart of Clermont who has invited me to take part in an evening of Cow Tipping. He has assured me that this is no urban myth. I was intrigued when the subject arose earlier in the year but I like many others thought it to be a joke. Thanks to generous Alun I may be able to find out what this is all about. It is all a bit secretive however and I will need to establish my identity to him and his followers in the CLermont Tippers of Bovines Club (CTBC).

Although this will be a half day away from Orlando I feel that it would be a wonderful cultural experience and a way to find out more of rural obsessions in Central Florida. If there are any other posters from TA who are interested perhaps we could make an excursion of it. At last we would know if Cow tipping is a reality- I get a surge of adrenalin at the thought of it all

Florida City...
Level Contributor
876 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

Don't think I can do it in my heels.....

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

An American olympic gold medalist in Greco Roman Wrestling,Rulon Gardner kept in shape "cow tipping" This could launch a second career for you. Too bad you don't believe in tipping.

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

LOL!!!

If he offers you any cow patties or cow pies, don't eat them!

CTR

Windsor UK
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

I once tried Fly tipping,is cow tipping the next level.

orlando burb
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

maybe they will take you on a snipe hunt too

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

I thought all forms of tipping were disagreeable to you vegas.

Are you mellowing with age?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,339 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

You have to tip cows now as well as waiting staff, taxis and maids? What is the world coming to?

What service do they provide and how much should we tip them? I wouldn't want Seminolegirl06 coming back and berating us tourons for under-tipping the bovine workforce.

Good luck with it Vegas, let us know the score :-0

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

Do we leave the cow a tip after tipping him?

Florida City...
Level Contributor
876 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

Boston Tom: Good one! LOL

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Invited to an August session of cow tipping

My adrenalin is still surging.

After this post went in Alun emailed me to say that the invite was only for me and that I would need to be blindfolded on the way to the cow tip session with the CTBC.

Because of the need for secrecy all CTBC members wear green ski masks while they are tipping the cows. I asked about any harm coming to the bovines and Mr Syewart was at pains to point out that all the animals involved enjoy the whole thing. He said they always get up with a smile upon their faces and even follow members around the pasture to see who is going to be dumped next. He said they snort when anothe cow gets tipped - that is their way of laughing he suggests.

it all sounds fascinating stuff and I cannot wait to take part even if it sounds rather secretive and scary.

Obviously I will write a full report on my return in September.