We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do not use themeparktickets.com

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
do not use themeparktickets.com

I have spent the last week chasing these bunch of cowboys only to be told on wednesday that they have no tickets to send us.

This is just great news when we fly out on Saturday

I am now having to purchase additional tickets from another web site using my spending money intended for our dream holiday.

I must have called them 50 times over the last week (when you can get past the permenant engaged tone)

Now we are fighting for a refund and again they are trying to fob us off with excuses

i say again

DO NOT USE THEMEPARKTICKETS.COM

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

Another good reason to buy stuff directly from the source. If you want Disney tickets, buy them from Disney. It's a lot safer that way.

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

Dispute the charges with your credit card company and you'll get a refund because that's not right you didn't sign anything so it should be quite easy you should have a refund within a month that's what I did when a company lied to me about something I received and had no problem I had no paper work because it was over the phone so they had no proof goodluck.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

Why do all of you folks in the UK purchase your tickets in advance of your vacation? Is it cheaper than just buying them at WDW when you arrive?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

BR - generally it's cheaper - there are also some UK/Ireland tickets (14 day Ultimate Disney for example) which can only be ordered over here. There are exceptions but this is good as a rule of thumb.

The 14 day Ultimate is basically an open pass for all parks, including the water parks, plus PI, World of Sport and Disney Quest and allows you to come and go as you please. Currently around £150 at current exchange rate (or, if you are really a fulltime Disney fanatic, about the equivalent of a little over $20/£10 per day). Handy for overall flexibility.

Mentioned in this post
DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
DisneyQuest Indoor...
1,113 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

I too have had problems am waiting for tickets which i paid for in Feb. Phoned today and was told to phone back tomorrow. Am thinking that we will have to buy more tickets and claim money back from credit card company.

london
Level Contributor
475 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

i used http://orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk/ and have to say they were superb. they beat theme park tickets direct prices and the tickets (all real - not vouchers) arrived in 48hours. i dont go til late august but the guy there was very friendly very helpful and very professional.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

I/m with you Busy-Retired.

I'm live in Scotland and have never purchased tickets on line for the parks. I don't see where they save me anything.

Everybody have a look at the Disney US site, the prices on there for US residents are much about the same as you pay at the parks and with the GREAT $ rate we are getting I'm sure you'll find the various choices more appealing than even Disneys UK Resident offers.

14 days visiting parks would be way too much.

Personally next year Im adding the non expiration to my 7 day pass and will use around 4 days next year and save the other 3 for when I go back with my grandchildren in a few years.

When we first went to Disney in the early 90s, non expiration was automatic on all tickes, sure wish I'd bought more back then!

Rettie

London, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

Rettie,

I understand where you're coming from, I guess it's each to their own. Personally for us, the reason why we buy in advance is to save us time queuing on the gates. If you get there early enough sure, it's not such a problem. But if you get there around 9-10am, the wait can be long, especially in the summer. We were once in a que where a couple in front of us had a bit of a hard time conveying what they wanted to the ticket agent as their English wasn't perfect. It took a good five mins of waiting patiently for them to sort out the tickets they wanted. Meanwhile we were wilting behind them in the heat. And there's the other que to get in. Personally I'd rather buy on-line.

And buying 14 day passes doesn't necessarily mean you have to do the parks every day for 14 days. It just means you have the flexibility to do as many, or as little of the parks as you like, within your 14 day holiday. The tickets you buy are activated from the first day you use them. Which means if you've bought a 7 day pass and you're there for 14, you have to use your tickets within the first week, leaving you with another 7 days to fill in. A 7 day pass is no good to anybody that's in Orlando for 14 days, unless they've deliberately planned it that way. This is why we've bought a 21 day pass, as we're there for 20 days in total. It means we have the flexibility to go to the parks anytime we wish during the three week period without restriction.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

I/m sure Disney also have a 7 day that you can spread of the 14 days. costs just a fraction more.

Rettie

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: do not use themeparktickets.com

I have always purchased our tickets online ...its one less thing to worry about when you get there....

Otherwise you queue to buy your ticket the queue again to go into the park ....