We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami to Kissimmee

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Miami to Kissimmee

Hi

I am staying in kissimmee in September and would be grateful if anyone could tell me roughly how long it takes to drive there from Miami International airport.

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami to Kissimmee

Hi

The drive should take around 4hrs though I have heard of people doing it in less. We have driven several times on this route though heading for Miami Beach.

If you go into www.expedia.com you can get driving directions from there, it says around 3hrs 35mins but from experience, you have to allow time for the traffic in the Miami area.

Bertha

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami to Kissimmee

anthony_marsh,

It's a straight shot up the Florida Turnpike. Have your rental car company give you directions to the Turnpike. I have never had a computer direction service get me out of an airport properly.

Plan on five hours. You will need to stop and there are rest stops every thirty to forty miles along the way. IMHO it is not safe to dive more than three to four hours without stopping. Many years ago I lost a friend who fell asleep at the wheel in broad daylight.

Depending on where in Kissimmee you need to go, get off at either 192 or Osceola Parkway. If your destination is west of 535, ignore the directions that send you on 192 all the way. Now that 192 is finished, it is not a bad drive, but Osceola Parkwat is enought better to justify the $1.50 toll.

CTR

LR
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami to Kissimmee

Agree 5 hrs is a better bet, It is a long boring drive with nothing to see, so you need to take breaks to keep awake.

4. Re: Miami to Kissimmee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 14:16