We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back - where we ate.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
106 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Just back - where we ate.

For anyone about to head out, this is where we ate...

Outback Steakhouse, Vineland Rd?, opposite the Premium Outlets - great food, great service, great value, loved it, ate there twice.

Bahama Breeze, Int. Drive, just north of 'Wonderworks' (the upside down building!) same side of road - As above and again ate there twice. Always busy and usually a wait for a table but grab a seat on the 'deck/bar' area if you can and if there's a long wait for a table you can always have drinks and order an appetizer from the 'deck' menu and if, like us, your table is ready sooner than expected, they'll transfer everything to your dinner table for you.

Magiannos, Int. Drive, at Pointe Orlando next door to 'Wonderworks' -excellent Italian. Wished we'd had longer to linger but we had tickets to the cinema just behind the restaurant that night.

Sci-Fi Diner in MGM Studios. Really cool. set out like a 1950's American movie drive-in. Eat your meal in cars. Need to book in advance though but you can do it first thing when you get to the park. Good food but it's the experience your going for.

Hard Rock Cafe, Universal Citywalk. Average food. Usual Hard Rock stuff. There was a crowd of us so atmosphere suited us that night.

Le Celier Steakhouse, EPCOT - fantastic. The only place we ate at with sensible portion sizes. I actually cleared my plate! Very good value for the quality of meal we had. 4 entrees, 2 deserts & drinks here cost the same as 4 entrees and drinks at Hard Rock. There was no comparison in quality. Le Celier wins hands down.

310 Park South, Park Avenue, Winter Park - had Sunday Brunch here. What a great change of pace and excellent food. I can thoroughly recommend the 'california scramble'!

Planet Hollywood, Downtown Disney - food very good but the place is getting a bit tired looking (the exterior is currently being refurbished) and there can be up to a 3 HOUR wait for a table at busy times. I had bought a $10 voucher which promised next available table and the $10 off your bill. Seemed like a no brainer. The night we went the wait was an hour and a half but we only waited 20 minutes so that was ok, but you do feel like you're being 'processed'. No cheery waiting staff here with a chat about what you did today etc. etc. No..sadly, here they just want you in and out as quickly as possible. Our boys ordered draught beer then complained (in the nicest possible way!) that it tasted flat and stale. Our waitress nodded and replied that 'people who regularly drink draught beer and knew their beers, like their Irish barman, often said the same but most people really didn't know any different and seemed happy to drink it!' She almost said it like they knew there was a problem but like - hey! only about 25% of people noticed so they didn;t consider it a real problem and she was more than happy to switch their drinks to a couple of bottled beers but she seemed to be kind of missing the point! With so many dining options in Orlando, I'd give this one a miss.

Overall we found all the portions (except Le Celier) way more than was healthy to eat but no-one says you have to clear your plate!

They always seemed to overestimate the wait time for a table so you were never disappointed. In many cases when they said 40 minutes, a table was available in 20.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back - where we ate.

Thanks Ferg12!

I have saved this to my restaurants file. Always glad to get advice like this!

Level Contributor
335 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back - where we ate.

Thankyou so much for this info, we will certainly try some of them when we go in February. I think it's so much better when someone has visited beofre.

Level Contributor
54,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back - where we ate.

FERG12, Great Report. I am so hungry NOW !! Good to know about the wait times being less then stated.. Had you made advanced reservations at Le Cellier and Sci-Fi ?

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back - where we ate.

Great info Ferg. Off tomorrow so will put it to good use.

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back - where we ate.

Thanks FERG12 for your report. We just returned from Disney

and due to the large portions, my husband and I shared a

very large appetizer sampler - way plenty for two. My son &

daugherinlaw did the same. At San Angel Inn in Epcot we

shared the Mexican Plato, also a sampler. I hate wasting food

and money. We saved a lot by sharing. I see more and more

couples sharing dinners these days.

I hope one day to come to Edinburgh and see Scotland.

Come back to the US and visit Georgia!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
460 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back - where we ate.

Thanks for this great info - have also saved it for when it's time to book restaurants for our trip.

manchester england
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back - where we ate.

thanks for that i also like bahamas breeze myself

Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back - where we ate.

any idea whether this Park South also serves brunch on other days?

I was planning to go to Sweet Tomatoes for breakfast also

and is this reachable by public transport?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
106 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back - where we ate.

Hi Partypa. Yes, we had made reservations in advance for Le Cellier but not for Sci Fi Cafe. At Sci Fi cafe there are a few tables at the back which are not actual cars, at least the front and back of the car is there but you sit at a regular table (I'm guessing they're mainly for disabled guests) and we were offered one of these tables as we hadn't booked which was fine and you got the atmosphere of the place but you were looking at the big screen side on instead of facing it. We didn't mind but to get the full effect it's best to book in advance. We booked Le Cellier through the main disney reservations and I'm not sure if you can book that way for Sci- Fi or if you just have to do it at the park, on the day.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
106 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back - where we ate.

Hi cookie 2093,

The website address for 310 Park South is www.310parksouth.net

There's menu info etc. on there. I don't know much about public transport I'm afraid. I know Orlando is not known to have good public transport. It depends where your coming from I guess. I know there's an Amtrak station right in the middle of the town, less than a block away, but no idea where trains run there to and from.

Maybe a local expert can help if you ask as a seperate post.

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now