We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January 2008 trip

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
January 2008 trip

Hi - I,m back and sure to have lots of questions for the next few months. I learned alot from our 2006 trip so I will try not to ask to many questions. Just wandering again what are the best park days for Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom. We are going the last week of January into February.

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January 2008 trip

My vote would be for visiting on a weekday as there would probably be a lot of locals there on the weekends.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: January 2008 trip

The answer to this question really depends on whether or not you are staying on Disney property or not.

If you are staying at Disney and can take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours at the parks, then go to the parks having them on the designated days.

If you are not staying at Disney, avoid the EMH park days.

Typically speaking, weekdays in the off season are less crowded than weekends, but the biggest crowds still seem to go to Magic Kingdom. I've found that Tuesday and Wednesday is the best day for that park, unless you can do EMH there.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: January 2008 trip

Thanks Kat - We are staying at the Polynesian this time.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: January 2008 trip

Hi Doyle,

The Poly is a great resort and I think you'll love it. You will be able to do the Extra Magic Hours by staying there, and I definitely encourage the morning hour days.

The February dates for EMH isn't out yet, but I'll bet they will be the same as January, which means:

Morning Extra Magic Hours as follows:

Magic Kingdom— January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 (Thur)

Epcot--January 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 (Tues)

MGM Studios — January 5, 12, 19, 26 (Sat)

Animal Kingdom — January 7, 14, 21, 28 (Mon)

Evening Extra Magic Hours as follows:

Magic Kingdom — January 6, 13, 20, 27 (Sun)

Epcot — January 4, 11, 18, 25 (Fri)

MGM Studios — January 7, 15, 22, 28 (Tues)

Animal Kingdom — January 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 (Wed)

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: January 2008 trip

Kat just researching a little. We will be going end of January I just read somewhere that you should stay away from the parks on the early morning openings is that true? I know when we went in January 2006 we did not have any problems with crowds except for Animal Kingdom on Saturday. Just trying to make my schedule and checking things out so I can make dinner reservations. I just called Disney and they told me the 2008 rates should be coming out within the next two weeks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: January 2008 trip

If you are a Disney resort guest, I would definitely DO the morning EMH especially.

At that time of year (Jan), you won't have that many guests staying in the resorts (low occupancy time), and unless it's "capacity level" at the resorts, the EMH is always a good idea.

We've done EMH during off season every chance we have had, and it's not bad at any park. That extra hour in the morning can be very, very productive.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: January 2008 trip

Thanks Kat!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: January 2008 trip

OK - Here is my schedule so far:

Arrive Friday, January 25th - Chef Mickeys for dinner.

Saturday - MGM - Boma dinner

Sunday - Magic Kingdom - Norway Princess dinner

Monday - Animal Kingdom - Hoop -dee-doo

Tuesday - Epcot - dinner - Le Cellier

Wednesday - Magic Kingdom - dinner -Calif. Grill

Thursday - Seaworld(maybe)

Friday - Open day to do what we missed or swim

Saturday - later flight go home

Looking for dinners for Thursday and Friday - Any suggestions? Last time also ate at Whispering Canyon, Kona Cafe great places and Artist Pointe (Meal was not that great even though we had heard great things)

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: January 2008 trip

OK - Here is my schedule so far:

Arrive Friday, January 25th - Chef Mickeys for dinner.

Saturday - MGM - Boma dinner

Sunday - Magic Kingdom - Norway Princess dinner

Monday - Animal Kingdom - Hoop -dee-doo

Tuesday - Epcot - dinner - Le Cellier

Wednesday - Magic Kingdom - dinner -Calif. Grill

Thursday - Seaworld(maybe)

Friday - Open day to do what we missed or swim

Saturday - later flight go home

Looking for dinners for Thursday and Friday - Any suggestions? Last time also ate at Whispering Canyon, Kona Cafe great places and Artist Pointe (Meal was not that great even though we had heard great things)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: January 2008 trip

Doyle,

Just checking. On Sunday, you've got listed Magic Kingdom and Norway Princess dinner which is at Epcot. You will absolutely have to have "park hopper" option to do this, since you'll be visiting two different parks on the same day. If you do not purchase "Park Hopper" option, you will not be able to do this Sunday plan.

As for the other dinners on the "free" nights, might want to try something at Downtown Disney (several restaurants there) or maybe go to the Boardwalk and have dinner there. Neither of these will require "theme park admission" and they are not on your schedule as of yet. They are great places to spend an evening.

I'm leaving work for the day now, and won't be back on the forum till Monday, but happy planning.