We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Rain

ive heard it rains a bit in the afternoon with theunderstorms so what do you do then,go to a indoor hsoipping centre or pool or something.also are hotel pool is not too big so if its busy can i use another hotels.

and also what date do schools go back in florida ,when wil it quieten down?

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain

Hotel pools will close if there is any lightning.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
219 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain

Lately, the rain has been miserable here, but only because we've had a low pressure system stall over us - ugh!! Normally, it rains from about an hour a day in August, but its not as regular as in July.

As far as using other hotel pools - are you going to be on property at Disney? They always say they will check room keys, but seldom do, just depends on whether you want to take the chance. There is a 24 screen movie theatre at Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney area and also Disney Quest which is an indoor arcade/virtual game and ride kind of place. There are tons of shops, too.

Our schools in Osceola County start August 20th, I believe the surrounding counties are all within a day or two of this date. It will quiet down once the schools are back in session.

-Deb

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,682 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain

I agree with Deb. The all-day rain recently in Orlando (like yesterday) is an uncommon event this time of year unless some kind of tropical system is in the area.

The typical summer pattern is sunny, hot, and humid during the morning and early afternoon, then thunderstorms begin to pop around 2:00 or 3:00 PM. They can be off-and-on until after dark, but usually not all-inclusive.

You must get out of pools during thunderstorms because Florida is the lightening capital of the world.

Pool hopping is only allowed at certain resorts at Disney. The All-Star resorts allow pool hopping at the other All-Star pools. The two Port Orleans resorts allow pool hopping between their two main pool areas. However, at the other resorts, it is technically not allowed. At the Y & B Club, they do check room keys for admittance to Stormalong Bay.

warren
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain

When we were there last week it rained one day from 5:00 pm til 9 or so. We got caught at City Walk, ran back to our hotel (because the water taxis do not run when it is raining) we got soak (but it was kind of fun). The pools were all closed. We walked around the hotel for awhile then went to bed early.

We were at Universal and it rained for over 2 hours. Rained hard enough you couldn't even go out in it.

It is no fun at the parks when it rains for a long time. Because then you are wet and if you go to an indoor attraction you freeze. But I guess we have no control over the rain!!

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain

I don't let the rain ruin my vacation you know it's gonna rain almost everyday what I did notice is that when we stay at Sheraton Vistan Resort it rained everyday for the week and then when we went over to Westgate Town Center it didn't rain 1 day but it was rain other places because when we got in the car to go places it was pouring down but I don't let it bother me the movies and bowling is a great thing to do when it's rainging and thunder and lighting that's why you get out early in the day then back to the hotel until it stops raining.

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain

no im staying at the sheraton studio city.

can you go in a shopping centre.is there any big shopping centres up the north of I DRIVE?what is around the sheraton studio city? any restraunts to eat as we are r/o.so it should be quiet when we arrive on the 23rd aug,just british tourists.

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain

bump