We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions

uk
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
questions

some more questions lol sorry.

1.what do you do at nighttime do you go back in the parks,someone we knew just came back and said she went parks like universal at night coz the families had gone little quieter at about 6pm.

2.what are some good buys she said she got a laptop for £300,if so is there any cheaper than that and are they readily available i might get one.i also heard she got nintendo ds for £60.thats a bargain

3.has anyone gone with MYTRAVEL,what are they like? is entertainment good, and did you see the reps and have a welcome meeting.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions

1. Nighttime is a wonderful time to be in the parks, especially if you are at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, or MGM Studios with their nightly shows. It is cooler and while still crowded, ride lines do get a little shorter.

2. Most electronics can be purchased fairly priced, but do go to reputable stores like Circuit City, Best Buy, Wal-Mart. Do not go to these little "shops" along the tourist rows.

uk
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: questions

yep,i will go reputable shops.thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions

HI

Think you are there at the same time as me. I have been a right saddo this time and have put together a spreadsheet of all the parks closing times for the two weeks we are there. I was thinking about doing Universal at night too because I always find it so hot there, however the latest it closes is 8pm when we are there -

24/08 - 9-8, 25/08 9-8, 26/08 9-7, 27/08 9-7, 28/08 9-7, 29/08 9-6

- can give you all the dates and times if you want.

Trish

uk
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: questions

yes please i know it sounds cheeky but ifd you have the 2 week timetable on computor id love tos ee it,i didnt relise they shut so early.

thanks

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: questions

Night time - can stay in the parks for fireworks etc. City Walk at Universal or Downtown at Disney are good for restaurants, night clubs etc. Hard Rock Cafe at Universal.

Lots of free guides at diners etc listing events.

Good buys - clothes at outlet centres (Prime or Premium Outlets on I Drive), electrical goods run on different voltage so be careful but some good bargains. Also cameras.

Not been with My travel but have heard decent reports. Bear in mind that welcome meetings are primarily designed to sell you stuff

( tickets, excursions etc ) that you can sort yourself for less money.

uk
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: questions

yep there allways after your money at welcome meetings.

London, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: questions

Hi Phil

Opening and closing times for Universal below - all the Disney ones are on the website.

One for thing to watch out for - while we are there Magic Kingdom is doing Pirates and Princesses nights which mean unless you pay extra for a ticket, you will have to leave the park at 7pm. These dates are 24/08, 28/08, 31/08 and 3/09.

24/08 - 9am - 8pm

25/08 - 9am - 8pm

26/08 - 9am - 7pm

27/08 - 9am - 7pm

28/08 - 9am - 7pm

29/08 - 9am - 6pm

30/08 - 9am - 7pm

31/08 - 9am - 7pm

1/09 - 9am - 8pm

2/09 - 9am - 8pm

3/09 - 9am - 7pm

4/09 - 9am - 6pm

5/09 - 9am - 6pm

6/09 - 9am - 6pm

Think Islands of Adventure shuts at 6pm everynight.

Are you getting Express plus passes?

Trish

uk
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: questions

no were not,thanks.who u flying with and were from?

London, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: questions

We are going BA from Gatwick - nice three hour drive to the airport to look forward to! We are going down there on Wednesday afternoon and staying in a hotel. flight is at 11am I think.

Have you thought about the Express Plus passes - they are pretty good and save a hell of a lot of queueing!

Trish

uk
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: questions

also ,regarding the journey fron the airport to ur hotel with MYTRAVEL,whats the bus like and also is there many people on or do most get a car,we wil prob be only ones we get a car later on.