We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best Disney park?

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best Disney park?

I went to the Disney Institute several years ago. It obviously didn't do well because it is no longer open to the public but just used for corporate type outings.

While there I had one day free and decided to visit MGM Studios because it seemed to be the most interesting of the parks.

I'm now thinking about going back and wonder what the preferred Disney park is. I'm going to guess Magic Kingdom is the favorite but I think the safari themed one might be better. Not sure if I'll have time to visit all of them so I would love some feedback on what people like best.

And I'm not a big on the scary rides - bleh - motion sickness!

Kenosha, WI
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

The first year we went to Disney we had the full access hopper. Of all the parks, my children (ages 5 and 9) enjoyed MGM the best. Second was Animal Kingdom followed by Epcot and last was Magic Kingdom. Since our first trip, we have returned to go only to Universal. They are at the age of roller coasters now; however they have expressed interets in returning to MGM which we are doing at Halloween. Universal has planned the ultimate Halloween experince!

JK
Devon, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

We are visiting Florida in April 2005 my 12 year old is only interested in the rides. I think Uiversal studios will be better is this so ?

Can any one recommend a good beach resort for the 2nd week of our stay

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

I think for a one day adult trip (or one day trip with teenage kids) I would choose Epcot. There are so many different kinds of experiences there. You can explore Outer Space, ride in fast cars, explore our bodies, the earth, the oceans, learn about the lastest technology, etc. and laugh really hard at "Honey, I shrunk the audience". Then, you can go explore all of the countries and watch some great talent from other parts of the world. At the end of the day you can experience "IllumiNations", the beautiful hi-tech fireworks show at closing everynight!

Also, to answer another question about Disney or Universal with older kids (12 and up) my girls (10 and 14 year old) still prefer Disney World to Universal. The rides are better at Disney, they may be spread out over 4 parks but still far better than Universal. As far as rides go; My girls love Rocknroller coaster, and Tower of Terror at MGM. They love Dinosaur and the WaterRapids ride at Animal Kingdom. At Epcot they love Space, Test Track, and Honey I shrunk the audience. And at the Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain still rule! Plus, there's so much more than just rides at Disney, so much to experience and learn. The atmosphere at Disney World is just MAGIC! Universal just seems like a another theme park like other theme parks around the country. Fun, but no magic!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

I go to WDW every year and without question, if I only had one day it would be for EPCOT. There is so much to see and do and you can't beat the food. Also, the Food and Wine Festival starts October 1, 2004 which is a must see.

Dundee, Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
188 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

If you only had one day at Disney I would choose EPCOT. There is loads to keep you occupied and has a mix of modern attractions and cultural. The walk around the world is fabulous with lots of authentic shops, restauraunts and side shows all relating to various countries. Next choice would be Animal Kingdom, but make sure you go early or it gets too hot for the animals and you don't see them.

For the other writer to choose between Disney or Univeral I would choose Universal. Don't get me wrong Disney it fab, but if your son wants to go for the Rollercoasters the definatly Universal, especially Isalnds of Adventure, you have the rides, but also added themes such as The Hulk, Spiderman, Jurrasic Park and Marvel Superheros.

Hope this helps.

Warwick,uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

JK, The Disney parks are still the best i think for rides whatever age.

if you are looking for a beach resort then Longboat Key,Anna Marie island or down to Naples has exquisite beaches. The whole Sarasota area is great and you can visit Busch Gardens Tampa for the day if you still crave the parks. It's great but different from Disney or Universal. Provided you are not visiting during the easter period you should get good price accomodation on Longboat Key or Anna Marie.

if you don't mind not being on the beach itself then Bradenton, Shorewalk Vacation Villas are a great place to stay for the family, two bed/bath villas with pool 10 minutes to the beach and walking distance to the shops and restaurants,including Walmart.

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

Universal Studios by far for the adults. The teenagers love Islands of Adventure. We are annual pass holders and we never get tired of it! My boys love the dueling dragon roller coaster. I love city walk with all the street performers. They have fire works every night in july and in december they make it snow every night in city walk.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,008 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

My kids practically grew up at Disney as we are DVC members. As young children they liked the Magic Kingdom, and I think that park appeals to all. They hated Epcot. As teenagers they prefer MGM for the rides. I as an adult think Epcot is the most interesting. As a whole we like Animal Kingdom the least. The bugs life tree is cool and the safarri is great, but personally I thing the lay out is wrong. People seem to be bumping into each other and very conjested in areas. The paths are too narrow and there is little escape from the sun. Kids are crying everywhere.

Poole, England
Level Contributor
47 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

The two best are MGM and MK, but Epcot is a no-no for kids (in my eyes)

Animal Kingdom is okay, few nice things to do but not the best.

Universal is okay, but fails to meet MK standards.

Sea World is poor and we left after only 5 hours.

Island of adventures is again okay, but only if you like thrill rides.

Stick to MK but watch out for the queues.

Angus

Miami,FL
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which is the best Disney park?

I drive up to Disney from miami at least 4 times a year. If you're an adult who doesn't care too much for rides, I would definitely say Epcot is the best. I make sure I go every time I'm there. It's the only park you can enjoy a good meal, drink a nice glass of wine or champagne, and not bump into swarms of baby strollers (like @ Magic Kingdom).

Definitely go to the french restaurants in the World showcase, both the Bistro and le chefs de France are excellent choices. Be sure to stop by the 'boulangerie'...the best napoleons, quiche, and eclairs this side of the Atlantic. Go to Epcot! :)