We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

Has anyone ever rented a disney timeshare room (i.e. at Beach/Yacht Club or Wilderness Lodge) directly from an owner. If so, is it safe and easy to do.

Also, if you go through an owner or agency directly are you still considered staying on site for priveleges, packages, etc.?

Thank you!

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

Hi traveling,

Check out wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/faq.shtml

Yes, you have the same priveliges but not the same package deals available. It can work out alot cheaper however then just booking rooms and you can get a nice Villa or Suite.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

Thanks--Has anyone done this? if so, pros/cons???

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

We have rented DVC points twice through the DVC forum on www.disboards.com and didn't have any trouble either time.

I just looked at renting DVC points for a trip to Disney's Vero Beach and renting points is cheaper than the rack rate but more $ than the AAA rate.

We rented DVC points for a stay at Disney's Boardwalk in June and received Disney Magical Express privileges. We were able to purchase the Disney Dining Plan. You cannot get a late check-out when you use DVC points but use of the laundry fascilities is free.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

Thanks ajcolorado--Therefore, you were able to purchase disney packages even though you bought points from an owner?

anyone else??

Texas
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

bump

texas
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

I am a Disney owner at Saratogo Springs Resort on Disney from Texas. I have point I need to rent for this month if interested.

160 pts at $8 ppt.

Barry Ratliff

Belton Tx.

7. Re: Renting a Disney Vacation Club Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 11:19