We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

jc tenn
Level Contributor
567 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

Going in three weeks - ten days in Orlando. I 'd booked part of the time at the beach, but my kids, 6 and 8, prefer to stay in Orlando. I'm trying to decide if we should spend the whole time doing the four Disney parks, or add Seaworld or Universal. I don't want to do so much that it's exhausting.

Any suggestions?

KC

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

To do EVERYTHING (every single ride, activity, most shows, etc) at Disney would require, in my opinion, 7-8 days at a healthy pace. That said, are you really going to spend a lot of time in the Hall of Presidents?

Perhaps a pace of 4 days at disney, break day, 3 days at Uni/SW, and then 2 days 'cleanup' at Disney would work (I am assuming you are not planning on staying at Disney). Using that model, spend one day at each park, making notes of what you did not get to for the last 2 days.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,531 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

Well, are you just wanting to do theme parks or add in the water parks, Disney Quest, Downtown Disney, the Boardwalk area, etc.?

Each theme park, especially in off-season, can be done in one day each, and sometimes less. So, the four theme parks could take you four days.

The two waterparks can be 1/2 day each if it's not too crowded.

Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk would only take a few hours in a day.

Disney Quest is an indoor interactive game park and could take several hours if your kids are really into it.

If going in a busy season, Magic Kingdom and Epcot may need 2 days each, but I think MGM and Animal Kingdom can still be done in one day each.

jc tenn
Level Contributor
567 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

Thanks. We're staying at the Nick Hotel, and the kids would like some time there, too. It's overwhelming - trying to decide what to do! Plus, adding tickets for each new "thing" (Universal, Seaworld) adds so much $$!

I'd planned a side trip to the beach, but both kids would rather stay in Orlando. I should have started planning this ages ago - now with only three weeks to go I'm SOOOO confused!

KC

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

your kids won´t leave the Nick Hotel...just relax and enjoy your days there!

Dublin, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

i think that you should just do disney, you are going to have plenty to do there trust me, 3 days a magic kingdom and you might get that park completed, 2 days at mgm. epcot 1 day but you would be running and animal kingdom maybe one day. we went to universal last year and we did not like it. we stay at disney there is enough there to keep you intertained for daysssssssssssssssssss

n9
New London...
Level Contributor
911 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

Don't forget about the World of Sports, Fantasia Mini golf, and Wintersummer land Mini golf courses, plus any extra tours or activities etc.

I'm thnking that if you go when it's even somewhat crowded, you would need 10 days to really see everything.

Jacksonville, NC
Level Contributor
323 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

I wouldn't want to go without also adding both Universal parks. Our children enjoyed them as much if not more than a lot of the Disney stuff.

iceland
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

I am sorry but THREE DAYS at magic kingdom !!

To much..... with a 6 and a 8 year old you do not have to take the parks with a toothpick........

A park a day that is a good formula :)

Do not miss Sea world and the universal parks

I would do :

Magic Kingdom (a must)

Sea World (your kids are at that great age :)

Both universal parks, Island of adventure is really a beautiful park, especially the dr. Seuz part, big rides though for the better park

But this one here makes a trip to Islands of adventure (newer Universal park) worth it :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9UEXlIIlYc&NR=1

to much fun :)

That is it

4 days total

go to youtube and see videos from the parks, real fun

have a great time

9. Re: How long to REALLY do all of Disney?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 06:35