We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
388 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

It's a classic ride and Universal want to shut it and put in a Simpsons ride !!!

MIB is a dreadful ride and was a waste of 25 mins of my life whereas BTTF ride i was on 5 times in the space of 2 days !!!

Help save it here :

http://www.petitiononline.com/savebttf/

london
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

back to the future was a load of c**p and men in black was great, funny how different people see things but i'd rather have a simpson ride

Glasgow
Level Contributor
388 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

MIB broke down 6 times during my ride on it , hence 25 mins wasted and not just 6 !!

But you're right everyone has a different opinions , however you 're the first i've heard say they enjoyed MIB.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

They have a wall erected around the old BTF ride with Simpsons characters, and when I was there Wednesday, lots of people were getting pictures taken next to them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

Agree - but I am afraid it is too late - ride is already shut and work on the simpsons ride has started.

My kids were gutted to find that it had closed - it was their favourite ride at Universal!

Trish

Essex
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

I thought Buzz Lightyear was far better than MIB. I wasn't that impressed with Back to the future ride, as I have always felt simulators are a bit old hat. Then I tried Spiderman, Mission Space, and Soarin. Now I have changed my mind.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
388 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

i find it sad that they want to get rid of the ride that the park was built on , along with Jaws and Earthquake , they tried to close Jaws a few years ago and people power won the day , perhaps if enough people sign it they may consider putting it elsewhere in the park , away ahead of it's time.

Sad that Universal seem to have no sense of History.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,941 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

they shoul close Twister instead.

quarry bonk
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

i cant believe they got rid of kong/bttf&hitchcock but keep twister open??????

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

I loved the back to the future ride. Also think they should have got rid of twister or jaws instead. Too late now though.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back to the Future ride closing down at Universal !!!

Back to the Future closed in July, I went on it on the last day so why post this now?

I thought it was a Sponge Bob ride that was going in and I dobt he will have the longevity that B2TF had.

MIB is not worth a long wait but, we are annual pass holders and go in at night so you walk on. I am now doubting my memory and will be checking that it is Sponge Bob next month.