We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pop century

Gaylord, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
pop century

can any one tell me what building and room would be the best at this resort? I have heard that some rooms offer a view of illuminations?

Dublin, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pop century

I dont know about that, but I will tell you to make sure that you get a preferred room, if you dont you will walk a mile to your hotel room. we stayed way in the back, almost at the dead end and the buses where a ways away

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pop century

Here's a link to the Pop Century Resort Map: www.willcad.org/maps/resorts/resort_pop.jpg

The 90's Bldgs. aren't preferred buildings, are they? We just walked across the 90's parking lot to the buses which worked out pretty well.

If a room did have a view of IllumiNations, I can't imagine that it would be a good one. I stayed at the Beach Club - which is in the Epcot resort area - once and the view wasn't that great there because so much of IllumiNations is down near the water.

You can try posting this on the resort forum at www.disboards.com. Try this thread: www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=698727

YORKSHIRE UJK
Level Contributor
335 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pop century

We have stayed at Pop 3 times and are going again in February. We always stay in the 50's section I think its room 3433, we think its great. Yes, you can see the fireworks at Epcot every night, its very quiet and you have a lovely view of the lake.

Its not the nearest room to the reception and food court, but its only a few minutes walk, which doesn't hurt anyone does it? We prefer a room away from pools as we like to sleep.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pop century

I ditto the 50's building. Great location, shorter walk then first appears. Right near one of the two preferred buildings and you save $10 - 20 per night not paying for a preferred room!

5. Re: pop century

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 08:20