We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
103 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Chatham Park, Kissimmee

Has anyone stayed in this neighbourhood? I've got a vacation home booked for a holiday late July-early August. Any tips from folks who have been there recently? Are the neighbourhood amenities good (pool, basketball, etc) in Chatham Park? Thanks!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Wrexham,North Wales
Level Contributor
236 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chatham Park, Kissimmee

Hi stayed on this site about 9 years ago. House we stayed in had it's own pool but can remember their was a communal one as well. Chatham Park is on Siesta Largo Drive and close to Hwy192 I have read on this site that their are major road works between here and not far of Orange Blossom Trail. The neighbourhood is peacefull well it was then don;t know about not but we are staying about 5 mins drive from Chatham Park this time. It is close to Disney about 20 mins and shops about 5 -10 mins a large Walmart and Publix,drug store also close by. The area was made up of vacation homes and residential ones. Hope this is of some help, hope you have a great vacation Wrexhamfc

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chatham Park, Kissimmee

Has anyone stayed here recently? I have booked a 3 bed villa there for next Easter, looks good, but would like to hear from anyone who's been there recently. Thanks in advance.

West Lothian
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Chatham Park, Kissimmee

Wondering if anyone has stayed at Chatham Park in Kissimmee, Florida, we have just booked a holiday house for March this year and would like to know if the area is safe, and if you can walk to any shops or amenities? And would anyone recommend places to eat or go out near by. many thanks.

cheshire
Level Contributor
223 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chatham Park, Kissimmee

We stayed in Chatham Park in 2004, the properties are about 25 years old. It is not a gated community. They do not have big master en-suites, shower was over the bath. You can not walk anywhere, the 192 is at the top of the road, but you can not walk from most rental properties to any shops. There is vast array of shops and restaurants on the 192. We never saw anyone use the pool, basketball court or children's playground. They are on the right as you turn into the estate.

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chatham Park, Kissimmee

We stayed in Chatham Park in 2006, and will be staying in the same property again this Easter. Had previously stayed in Highland Reserve out in Davenport via a main steam tour operator, hence that house was unltra modern, ultra clean, but did not have a homely feel to it. Also, it was a long commute to Disney, Universal, etc.

While the properties in Chatham are old (I reckon our house was maybe 10 years old), they have a nice feel to them. It's like locals actually live here, and you could see school kids getting the bus at the entrance to the estate in the mornings.

And while it is not a gated community, it still felt secure. Our house had a big enough master en-suites, with a large walk in wardrobe. I agree that you can not walk anywhere from the estate, but that is probably the case for most villas in Orlando. The 192 is at the top of the road, which is very handy, with a huge Walmart nearby. Also Lake Beuna Vista is very close.

Like the previous poster, we never saw anyone use the communal pool,as we had out own. We did use the basketball court, tennis courts and children's playground. All were small, but functional.

Certainly if location is important, this is the right place. The houses are older, so that is the real trade. I am not sure you can get brand new villa's this close to Disney/Universal...

Co. Down Northern...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chatham Park, Kissimmee

We stayed in the same villa in Chatham Park 2005 and 2006 it was right beside the kids park and basketball which my kids used. Our villa had its own pool but I think for the community pool you needed a key. We liked the area at the top of the street there was a McDonalds which was very handy for carryouts and a petrol station, again very handy. Really close to the 192 and plenty of places to eat. Not far to Walmart and Publix, all in all a good location, our friends are staying there again this year, it will be fine you will enjoy it. We had separate bath and huge shower in our ensuite but the main bathroom had shower above bath. There is a lake view with some of the villas. Hope this helps, Debbie

Northumberland
Level Contributor
399 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chatham Park, Kissimmee

We stayed there a few years ago. The Estate was fine and was handy for Walmart and for eating out on the 192. Our villa wasn't the best we have stayed at but it was clean and comfortable and we did use the communal pool because the pool we had only had a really small pool at the villa. The communal pool wasn't used much at all so the few times we used it we had it to ourselves. The only drawback we found at this estate was there was major roadworks on the 192 when we were there and sometimes we were stuck in nose to tail traffic for ages. I am sure you will have a fantastic time.

8. Re: Chatham Park, Kissimmee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 04:17