We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainforest Cafe - which location?

jc tenn
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rainforest Cafe - which location?

I see there is one in DTD, and another in AK. Is one better than the other? My daughter wants to eat there - trip in a week!

TIA,

KC

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
476 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
130 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

Hello cattailgal,

We've eaten at both and have found the food to be the same. It's a fun atmosphere for the kids and especially convenient on you AK day as there really isn't a great selection of meal choices in the park. Enjoy!

leeds
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

both the same, love the food..great atmosphere for kids..book a table for when yoy leave the park...nice end to the day..the one at DTD can be busy..

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

and don´t forget to ask a VOLCANOOOOOOOOO for dessert!!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

We have eaten in both. The only difference we found was that the one in the AK was very cold. Dont know whether there was a problem with the a/c or not but we would have needed a cardy.

We couldnt manage the volcano between 5 of us- lots of eating in it & it is extremely rich.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

All depends on what time you're planning to visit. The food menu and "ambiance" is pretty much the same. If you're going for lunch and want to fit that into a visit to the A.K. ok. If its dinner you're talking about I would head to the DTD location.

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

cattailgal,

Rainforest at AK is only open one hour after AK closes. You are in the AK parking lot and have to deal with paying for parking.

If you are planning on going at the end of your day at AK, make reservations in advance.

We were there today and the food was excellent.

We have never been to the one in DTD.

CTR

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

The food and atmosphere is the same at all Rainforest Cafe's. We have one here and its pretty much the same as Orlando.

I would have to agree with the previous posts, it all depends on where you will be that day. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy either location, its a favorite with my grandchildren.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

We had dinner in the Rainforest cafe in DTD on our last trip in 2006.

This appeared to be the easier restaurant in terms of getting a reservation, but be warned, this was easily the worst meal we had on our 2 week trip. The wait for our reserved table was ridulously long and, once we had finally sat down, it appeared the staff were on a mission to get us fed and out as quickly as possible.

This made for a very un-relaxed meal for our party of nine, not helped when i realised the waitress - out of the grown-up earshot- sold a rediculously expensive novelty cocktail to our 9 year old girls.

Towards the end of the meal I politely pointed out to the waitress that we had not enjoyed the experience at all. Her response was to completely flip and refuse to serve us anymore. She obviously talked to her colleagues, because we became invisibe to every member of staff!

In the end I had to find a manager in order to pay the bill.

There are dozens of great restaurants in the area to choose from. The only reason we went to the rainforest cafe is because, like you, our kids wanted to go there. But it's a tourist trap containing a very ordinary, and expensive,restaurant.

If you are looking for a themed dining experience, stick with the disney restaurants. They will not let you down.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
619 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

Ate in the one at Animal Kingdom. Food was delicious, and service spot on. Had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated and we had made reservations before we left the UK.

Agree with JenniP, it was cold when we were there in August.

UK
Level Contributor
634 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rainforest Cafe - which location?

never eaten at the AK one, but the one at DTD is good fun. Nice food, good service (at least the times we have been, which have been off peak) & the shop has some nice gift ideas.

Have a great trip.. Not jealous at all!!