We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Star Hotels

Olympia
2 posts
Save Topic
5 Star Hotels

A group of us are returning to Florida after 20 years ,there are 25 of us all aged between 50-60. Our flights are allready booked UC with Virgin but were having difficulty deciding on a 5 star or above hotel in the Orlando area .

We like good food and relaxing surroundings but we are also there to enjoy ourselves. Cost is not important ,so ideas would be greatfully recieved .Thanks

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Star Hotels

You could try the Floridian we have stayed there before and it fits your bill

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Star Hotels

We stayed at the Hyatt not sure if 5 star but it was beautiful we were only staying one night as travelling to sarasota the next day, but the pool and the surroundings were great, advised to go by a work colleague who goes every year, have a look at the web site, had golf course ect.......

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Star Hotels

j w marriott orlando grande lakes, never stayed in it but it looks real flashy and expensive

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Star Hotels

The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is outstanding and I highly recommend checking it out.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Star Hotels

The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress or the Ritz Carlton are the top of the line in the Orlando area and will meeet your requirements.Both beautiful with great service,wonderful pools,access to good meals,golf and all that good stuff. Enjoy!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
205 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 Star Hotels

check out the grande bohemian in downtown orlando

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 Star Hotels

If you go by the AAA Diamond and Mobil Star ratings, there are only two hotels in the Central Florida/Orlando/Disney area which even get 4 stars/4 diamonds last I checked: the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes, and the Peabody Orlando. There are none at all in the area which get 5 Diamonds or 5 Stars. Other hotels which might give you a 4-5 star experience would include the aforementioned Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Disney's Grand Floridian (Victoria & Alberts restaurant there is the only AAA 5 Diamond restaurant in Central Florida), and the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal, and perhaps the Royal Pacific Resort, also at Universal, as well as Disney's Beach Club Resort (which has perhaps the best pool in Orlando).

If you don't mind something with somewhat less than full service options, The Villas of Grand Cypress is currently #1 in Orlando per the TA ratings, and is rather upscale (Charlton Heston, aka Moses, used to stay there when he came to Orlando); supposedly their 2bd units are as much as 1,700 square feet, but they offer up to 4 bedrooms units, and you have access to 45 holes of Nicklaus golf (as well as the Hyatt Regency as well). As timeshares go, you could check out the Hilton Grand Vacations Club on International Drive, as well as the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. You could also check out the Disney Vacation Club/Home Away from Home resorts, such as the Beach Club Villas, etc.

Florida
Level Contributor
792 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 Star Hotels

The Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes has been voted every year since it opened by Conde Nast and Travel and Leisure for the best upscale 4 Diamond Resort In Orlando, the Grande Floridian in Disney a distant second.......:)

England
Level Contributor
640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 Star Hotels

Pop Century.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 Star Hotels

I would recommend the Grand Floridian too. I have not had the good fortune to stay there, but I make a point to go there every trip just to soak in the beauty of the lobby and the surroundings. It is particularly nice when the orchestra is playing (which happens for an hour or two every day, I believe), although the piano player in the lobby is nice too. If you enjoy good food, this is a great location - the hotel itself has an excellent "fine dining" restaurant (Citrico's) - which I tried last year, and it immediately vaulted onto my list of the top 4 or 5 restaurants at Disneyworld. There is an even more "special occasion" restaurant - Victoria and Alberts's (which I have not tried), and you are just a short monorail ride away from the excellent California Grill for dinner. Disney has several excellent restaurants, each in unique surroundings, so you would have many options close by. ! You would have easy access to all of Disney's transportation options, and the ability to watch the fireworks and the nightly electrical water parade (both quite nice) from the grounds of your hotel. There would be so many options for spending your time - golfing, boating, going to the spa (the hotel has one), exploring the other hotels (something well worth doing), and - oh, yes, several excellent theme parks, which are just as interesting for adults as for children. The only downside is if you enjoy swimming (rather than laying around a pool), since the the pool will likely have a lot of children. You

The JW Marriott Grand Lakes has lovely public areas, and is quite nice, but I remember the room as a bit small. The Ritz Carlton is right next door, and while I had lunch there during my stay at the Marriott, I can't say I was overly impressed. For your group to have things to do during the day, or to find nice dinners, you would all have to pile in cars and go someplace else.