We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Wyndham Palace Resort the same?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Wyndham Palace Resort the same?

I am from Singapore and am planning to visit Orlando in Dec this year.

I got hold of a map of Orlando but can't find Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa (where I am staying) on the map. Instead the map showed Wyndham Palace Resort where Buena Vista Palace Hotel should be located. That is why I'm wondering if there was a change in hotel name.

Which is the cheapest way for me to get to Universal Studios from Buena Vista Palace Hotel? I heard about the i-ride Trolley service but unfortunately it doesn't seem to go Universal Studios.

Thanks

Angie

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Wyndham Palace Resort the same?

The hotel changed it's name a couple (?) of years ago - it used to be the Wyndham. Can't help on transport I'm afraid.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Wyndham Palace Resort the same?

Yes, they are both the same hotel. The hotel operated as a Wyndham for a while before reverting to its original name (Buena Vista Palace).

Can't help with the transportation question though.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
564 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Wyndham Palace Resort the same?

You don't say how many in your party, or how long you are staying. If there is a driver in your party, it would seem to make sense to rent a car, at least for that part of the visit that you are going to "explore", as these can be rented reasonably cheaply. Apart from Universal you will probably want to visit Seaworld and at least one of the shopping malls, so the car should be cost effective. In the UK, it usually makes sense to hire before you arrive, there may not be such a facility in Singapore.

Alternatively, there are taxis, but the cost of these is likely to mount as you explore away from DW.

You could try and contact the hotel for information on this.

buenavistapalace.com/contact_form/contact_fo…

Have fun!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Wyndham Palace Resort the same?

It is the same hotel-hotels around Orlando change their names a lot which can be sort of confusing to say the least. I think you will need to get a cab from Universal to the hotel-the Lynx bus will take you a long time though it certainly is the cheapest-but a cab is your best bet. enjoy!

Scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Wyndham Palace Resort the same?

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago and thought the hotel was great. I'm not sure if the hotel can organise transport to Universal but please do not use the private cars that the bell desk offer, ask them to order a metered cab instead. They're often hanging around the Disney shuttle pick-up point area anyway. We took a private car to the Mall at Millenia and it cost us $35 + 20% tip (customary per notice in the car!!). A metered car for the journey back was only $26 + tip. The private car charge to MCO is $55 + tip versus $45 with a metered cab.

Sorry I can't help you any further.

6. Re: Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Wyndham Palace Resort the same?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 17:20