We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Labels

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
Save Topic
Luggage Labels

I was told never put my home address on luggage labels.this was because you are advertising where you live and undesirables may visit. I now out just put my name and flight number with destination airport.

as anyone else ever been told this or do you do the same.

london
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage Labels

never use luggage tags!!!

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage Labels

does virgin provide you with luggage lables

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage Labels

That IS a precaution that has been advised. You can use those luggage tag holders that have a flap to hide the address from a cursory glance.

I believe that airlines require you to have an address in case the luggage gets lost. Some advise putting the address inside of the suitcase.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage Labels

In reality, your risk of a problem by having your home address on Luggage Labels is really pretty small. That said, here's what I do...

Outbound Leg: I print up a few business card size labels with my destination hotel address (Avery ink jet ones), stick one in each luggage tag, and one inside each suitcase.

Inbound Leg: Same deal, except I put my office address in there. Not because of concerns, but if it does get lost and needs to be delivered, someone is there 24hrs a day (secured building).

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage Labels

Hi srs1940.

We always use luggage tags ,but have NEVER EVER put our home address on it Just you r name and flight Number.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage Labels

Were lucky that we own a hotel so we use that as our Address as the staff are allways on hand ,some of our friends use there familys address and One friend puts his next door neigbours address he jokes that if there selling address at the airport to crooks then his neigbour will get broken into not him lol.But there must be someone who you can use.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage Labels

We too always use luggage tags ,but have NEVER EVER put our home address on it Just you name , airport and flight Number - hwever I do ensure every bag has our address inside - sticky label on the lid...or attached to the inside straps//

GA
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage Labels

Don'tg put your first name on the tag just our first intial

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage Labels

I've never heard that before! I always put my address on the tags, on the outside of the bag.

hmm, I'm not worried about it though.

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage Labels

Well the airports I'm flying from airports that are no where near my home. I have always put my address on my luggage except last year when I forgot to write anything on my suitcase.