We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should I do?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What should I do?

We are leaving home on the 21st of Nov and we should be at Disney by noon. We are going to straight to Epcot, we will checkin at the hotel later that night. Do you think that this will be a bad idea??? Also, I am going to go ahead and purchase our tickets so that we do not have to wait in a long line for that, should I get them mailed to me or will call???? I just am trying to save as much time as possible, so that we have time in epcot cause it closes at 7. the world showcase stayes open till 9, but we wanna ride all that we can and i know that the fast passes for test track will be gone in no time. and i do not wanna wait in that line. that is a long line to wait in. anyway please help!!!!

Lovely Midwest
Level Contributor
376 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should I do?

If you can wait until the next day I would. Even this past week while crowds were low, one Fast Pass that we got at 10AM didn't have a return until 7:20 PM, so you could run into them being gone for the day when you get there.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What should I do?

I'd check into the hotel and use the Single Rider line at Test Track-moves very quickly

Dublin, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What should I do?

I did not think about the single rider line, my concern is that we are coming in on tuesday and wed is thanksgiving. I am worried that if we wait to check in late that night that there is going to ba a long lineand you know that takes a while to checkin

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What should I do?

You are going to be facing huge crowds the week of Thanksgiving if the best days predictions hold true, even on the Tuesday of that week.

If you won't even be arriving until after 12:00 noon, I'm not sure I would even attempt going to Epcot that day, due to the crowds. You can do the single rider lines at Test Track and Mission Space, but most other rides there don't have this option.

You definitely should not miss Soarin, and all the Fast Passes for it will be gone before you get to the park that day. Wait times for it could be 90 minutes or more too, maybe even 2 hours.

Also, since Tuesday is the morning EMH day for Epcot, you'll have that many more folks who arrived at 8:00 AM rather than 9:00 and have an hours head start.

Why not simply check into the hotel when you arrive, and once you get settled, go spend the afternoon/evening at Downtown Disney. Then, come back early, get a good night's sleep, and hit the parks running first thing Wednesday morning.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What should I do?

um, Thursday is Thanksgiving.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What should I do?

Yes, Thursday is Thanksgiving that week but.....

Dirtyfeet is arriving on Tuesday, but the crowds for the week are arriving on Saturday before, so by Tuesday, the crowds will be huge.

Waiting until Wednesday to start at the theme parks will at least give them time to get settled and be at the park when the gates open in the morning. Going to Epcot on Tuesday that week after arriving mid-day, especially since it's an EMH day, isn't a good idea. They need to begin the day early in the morning.\

Preston, lancs
Level Contributor
45 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What should I do?

Err what time does your flight land - add an hour for immigration 15 mins to pick up car 30 mins to car park at Epcot on top of a 7 hour flight - presume you'll be on red bull all the way?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What should I do?

Dirtyfeet is driving down from Georgia -- no flying at all.

(there ARE Americans who post here!)

Clarkston...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What should I do?

LOL-- the OP is apparently from Georgia, so I wouldn't think immigration or Red Bull will be necessary. :)

Dublin, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What should I do?

Yes I am from ga and we will be driving, I got confused on my days, we are getting in on wed the day before thanksgiving. We will be arriving to Disney at 12:00pm. We will only have 1 days for each park, Wed - epcot, Thursday is thanksgiving and we are spending that with my grandparents who live in kissimmiee. friday- animal kingdom, sat - Mk, sun - MGM and maybe christmas party at mk. So we will have to do epcot on wed when we get there, but since they close so early I was thinking we would skip checkin and go right to the park and then check in late that night after we get back, but then we are going to be tired. I just do not wanna wait in a long line at check in. I have had to do that before and it will just take to much of our day away from the park. What should we do. checkin at 12:00pm or wait till we get back from the park that night????

;