We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pirate and princess parties

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
710 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
pirate and princess parties

Hi everyone - I have been reading some information about the pirate and princess party. We are going January 25th to February 2nd. We have two kids 10 and 6. I am not really interested in going just wondering what the dates are and if it affects the crowds at the Magic Kingdom. Will the other parks be quiet during the day, etc.

Thanks for any information.

Is it really worth going? What do you do?

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pirate and princess parties

Bump.

pa
Level Contributor
54,412 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pirate and princess parties

The Party will take place on 3 of the nights that you are there.

Jan. 26th and 29th

Feb.1st

The MK will close at 7:30pm except for those who have a ticket for the Party.

It isn't a very busy time of year so I don't think you need to worry too much about crowds.

If your kids are into Pirates or Princesses, it's worth going.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pirate and princess parties

Check the park calender on the website for MK on the dates you are there, if MK is closing at 7pm then it is probably a Pirates and Princesses party night. We will be there jan 31-feb6.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pirate and princess parties

Here's the exact dates of the party nights:

January 21, 26, 29

February 2, 5, 9, 14, 22, 26

March 1, 6, 11, 14

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pirate and princess parties

Thanks for the update Kat, just called and bought tickets for Feb 5. We have been to halloween and Xmas party so this will be the first time at P&P, hope it lives up to the other two.

WV
Level Contributor
566 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pirate and princess parties

nolatrekkers and Kat,

I have a few questions about this event....

Is it crowded or should I be able to move the children around with ease?

Is there limited admission?

Where do you buy the tickets?

I am going in May 2008. I noticed on one day of the week MK is closing early at 7:00. Is this a good sign they might announce a Pirate/Princess party?

Thanks in advance!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pirate and princess parties

I have not been to Pirtes and princesses but I have been both to the Halloween and Xmas parties at MK. There is limited admission, I think the sell 20,000 tickets, we found those parties to be wonderful, no lines for the rides, low crowds for the parades and other extras. I hope the P&P party will be the same. I called 1-407-WDISNEY and bought my tickets over the phone yesterday. They were around $35 a person (can't remember exactly). I can't answer the question about whether they will do it again in May, Kat may know.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pirate and princess parties

We did the P&P party last January. The lines were to get the goodies, beads and candy. The rides had little to no lines at all. We road Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 5 times without getting off. Finaly got tired and headed to the castle for the fireworks display. Which by the way was supurb.

Central Florida
Level Contributor
524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: pirate and princess parties

I just read that annual passholders do get a 35% break on the day of event prices if they buy their party tickets by December 15th.

The day of event prices were posted as $45.95 + tax for adults and $25.95 + tax for kids

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pirate and princess parties

I am not a passholder but when I made my reservations yesterday I only paid $129 total for 2 adut and 2 childs tickets, don't remember exactly what each costs but roughly $32 per ticket. Everyone gets a price break for early purchase.