We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timers on Disney Trip

California
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Timers on Disney Trip

We are taking our almost five year old daughter to Disney World. Does anyone have any advice or tips on going to the different parks? Are the rides for the younger children all in the same area?

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
859 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

Go to disneyworld.com and look at the maps at each different theme park and decide what you want to do. Read every single page on Mousesavers.com and allears.net

Have you already booked air, lodging and Disney tickets?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

Also, study this website below for lots of information on Disney:

http://www.allearsnet.com/index.html

For the most part, each Disney park has rides for younger children dispursed all over the parks, not just in certain areas. Yes, there are areas that are more "geared" toward younger ones, like Mickey's Toontown Fair at Magic Kingdom, but this isn't the only places that have rides for small ones in M.K.

Study, study, study!! You really need a sense of where your going before you actually hit the parks running.

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

Plan but dont over plan and definitely take the time to take a short rest in the middle of the day. It helps with the little ones from getting to over loaded.

Oh and HAVE FUN!!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,197 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

And get to the parks just when they open to get on lots of rides with little to no lines.

Esp get to AK early, as you will only see lots of animals on the safari if you go first thing, as they sleep later on.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

Character breakfasts are the best way to meet characters without standing in line. Call and book dining reservations 180 days in advance, I reccomend Chef Mickey's at the contemporary, Cinderella's Royal Table at the MK castle, Playhouse Disney Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine, and the supercalifragilistic breakfast at the grand floridian. If you can only do one, I would say pick the one with the character she most wants to meet.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
445 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

Be sure to plan ahead which area and which rides you should do and when. I would suggest purchasing a good guide book (or check out your local library). Our first trip to WDW was when our daughter was barely six years old. I was very pleased with how much we were able to do. It was in August and there were lines, to be sure. However, it was amazing how many tips I learned from our guide book.

We were always at the gate before opening. Have a hearty breakfast before you arrive and bring snacks with you. Return to your hotel mid-afternoon for a rest and/or a swim.

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

The only other tip I could think of is renting a stroller. It is very helpfull and not much $$$..

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

You had asked about the rides, so many rides throughout the MK are children oriented. The rides are not in areas designated just for little ones but are by the area just like disneyland. Our kids first trip they were 3 & 4 they rode just about every ride including Pirates and Haunted house. as for some of the rides it depends on her height and her disposition. one year there was a ride in AK my daughter wanted to go on the cast member told her to take a deep breath and stretch her body it made her just tall enough.

Use the fast passes.

9. Re: First Timers on Disney Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 06:19