We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Things To Do rankings

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
TA Things To Do rankings

It is interesting to see how the attractions measure up on a popularity scale on Trip Advisor.

If I were to ask you to guess which was the number one "Thing To Do" (see left menu), based on review experiences, I'm guessing you'd answer Disneyworld. You'd be wrong.

If there is a point to this question, it is probably this: remember, although Disney World is a must do, consider everything else that Orlando and Florida has to offer, and read the reviews.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,926 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

Absolutely right chin.

The first time visitors, however, will always put Disney top af their agenda. It is only after visiting that they discover the real Florida, and realise all the many wonderfull things and places that make up the state and then go back and branch out visiting some of the other places. Even then they probably miss the best places and thats where this forum comes into its own by people like yourself posting about these places.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,926 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

Absolutely right chin.

The first time visitors, however, will always put Disney top af their agenda. It is only after visiting that they discover the real Florida, and realise all the many wonderfull things and places that make up the state and then go back and branch out visiting some of the other places. Even then they probably miss the best places and thats where this forum comes into its own by people like yourself posting about these places.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

just think of all the "outdoor" activities

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

Thanks for pointing this out Chin. I have never looked at any of this stuff on this page and it makes quite interesting reading.

I wouldnt exactly call Discovery Cove & La Nouba the real Florida though!

ps Vegas. Dont forget your tarpaulin and jaffa cakes for your a fresco activities.

B'ham
Level Contributor
233 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

so chinners and prospect1

- what's your advice then ?-what else should we do ? I haven't been yet so nows your chance to educate me on the 'real florida'and the other 'must do's '! All advice greatly appreciated

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

That's a good question; many people will give advice on other places to visit away from the theme parks. I think I'll start a new topic for that as you are likely to get more response from that.

I'll entitle it "Where......?"

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

This is a good post but it will be hard to keep track.

Here's my 2 pennyworth. In no particular order

Kennedy Space Centre

Myakka National Park

Siesta Key Beach

Tampa Bay Devil Rays Baseball match

Outdoor World Shop

Boggy Creek Airboat ride

Anywhere on the Gulf Coast at sunset

The Beach Hut Restaurant on Longboat Key

Charley's Reataurant

Playing the outdoor golf adventures (Pirates Cove)

Australian Outback Steak House

Tony Romas

Space Coast Wildlife Reserve

Shopping at the Outlet Malls

Edwin Watts Gold shops

Bay Hill Golf and Lodge Club

Food and Grocery shopping......Heaven !

Seaworld

Universal IOA

Golf..............................its everywhere !

Just driving around absorbing it all.

This is just the start of my list but its someones elses turn.

Happy Holidays

Tiger

B'ham
Level Contributor
233 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

cheers tigerdaly have printed off your list and will work my way through it.

Have you done to Boggy creek trip ?

I got this info from another post on friday was really pleased because although my hubby really wanted to do it we thought we had to go all the way to Miami everglades. So he's chuffed !

Just think I might give the golf a miss !!!!!!!!!!!!( no offence )x

Chelmsford
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

I'm just about to go on my third visit so I'm ready to move away from the theme parks and maybe try a few other things....will definately be doing W.Creek and generally more organised and have booked better restaurants etc. There's alot of food out there. And shopping.

B'ham
Level Contributor
233 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA Things To Do rankings

lots of people talk about booking restaurants . Is this a must ? I can't quite get my head around choosing where and when I'm going to eat before we're there. I have no idea how to go about the task.

I think I may need help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!