We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

NC
1 post
Save Topic
Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

We'll be flying in Txgiving afternoon for a quick family getaway (2 small children) and would like to have Thanksgiving dinner out, but cannot afford the high prices I see for the big hotel and restaurant buffets. Can anyone recommend any regular restaurants that will be serving traditional Txgiving food at everyday restaurant prices? Chain restaurant or restaurant/bar ok!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,924 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

Golden Corral will have an affordable buffet for about $12 per adult (children possibly less) and you may also want to try Cracker Barrell.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

Steak and Ale is serving turkey or prime rib on Thanksgiving. Also the Perkins chain isn't bad, family friendly but no bar.

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
859 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

Actually the Perkins, Denny's and the Bob Evan's restaurants have a very good thanksgiving type meal with Bob Evans being the best in my own opinion. Nothing of course beats home cooked...but your family taking a special trip and having a affordable sit down meal. Bob Evans has Tender slices of turkey breast over bread & celery dressing and topped with pan-roasted gravy. Served with mashed potatoes and glazed baby carrots. Garnished with cranberry relish.

Kids meal is called Turkey Lurkey, is is slow roasted turkey with mashed potatoes and glazed baby carrots.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_thks.htm

check this out too

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

Cracker Barrel is great!! and not to expensive.

reading england
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

thank you brazilfamily

now can someone help it looks like carcker barrel BUT can i or should i pre book for thanksgiving as i would assume it will be busy ? if so can i book online or email ?

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/home.html

8. Re: Affordable restaurant Thanksgiving dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 11:18