We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our schedule. Is it ok?

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Our schedule. Is it ok?

Thanks to you all with your tips on my last minute trip!

You're not kidding when you say to book your dining reservations right away! I couldn't get anything I wanted! I sort of wish that I hadn't included the dining plan in our package. (I feel like I've just got the leftover restaurants!)

I'm going to be positive about this little hiccup anyway and hopefully what I've planned will be ok.

Here's our tentative schedule:

Saturday, December 1

Leave LAX redeye to Orlando arriving 6am.

Sunday, December 2

Hopefully, early check-in at Pop Century and relax and nap for a bit.

Afternoon & Evening at MGM

Dinner at Hollywood & Vine at 7:40pm, so hopefully will be able to catch Fantasmic first.

Question: Does anyone know if the Osborne Lights stays open for EMH?

Monday, December 3

Animal Kingdom

Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe at 7:20pm

Tuesday, December 4

Epcot

Dinner at San Angelo Inn at 7:30pm (Can we see Illuminations from here, or should we hurry through dinner to get out by the lake area?)

Wednesday, December 5

Husband is playing golf this morning at Ospry Ridge at 7:30am

I think I'm just going to take myself out for breakfast and wander around and shop, maybe downtown Disney or Grand Floridian?

Afternoon is free to go to a park or relax

Dinner at Spoodles at Boardwalk at 8pm. Thought we'd also try Jellyrolls this evening

Thursday, December 6

Magic Kingdom all day

Fireworks at 6pm and then over to the Polynesian for Kona Cafe at 7:40pm

Friday, December

Check-out of Pop Century

Again, nothing planned this day. See if we want to go to another theme park, or possibly Discovery Cove.

This evening we're staying at the Renaissance Hotel at the Orlando Airport then back to California early Saturday morning.

Can anyone give me any tips or things I should be changing. To remind you this is our first trip to WDW and it's the two of us.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
14,344 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
58,995 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Discovery Cove
Discovery Cove
15,389 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

hi collz

your scedule looks fab to me! if you go to downtown disney pop into ghirardellis for some fab chocolate and ice cream! have a great time

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

Last day - you mention Discovery Cove. If you can, you won't regret it, but you really need to book in advance.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

Looks good, except I'm always ready to throw in personal observations: Hollywood and Vine is a buffett that reminded me of my high school cafeteria. Much prefer Mama Melrose. San Angel is a great restaurant that you really don't want to hurry your way through. If you could try for 7P or even 6:30 it would give you time to enjoy your meal without looking at your watch. You are probably going to want to get right down on the promenade to watch illuminations. Also O'Hana is much more fun than the Kona Cafe at the Poly. If you want a great breakfast Spoodle's offers great choices a little dif from the usual bacon and eggs. Have a great time and tell hub to hit em straight. Oh and don't forget to see Carlo on the Boardwalk!

pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

I think you have some good choices for Dining. Kona Cafe is one of our Favourites, YUM. Spoodles is wonderful. Agree with tom, if you could switch your Hollywood and Vine to Mama Melrose's, that would be great. We had a delightful Meal there this past Sept., it was one of the best during that visit. Also agree that if you want to do Discovery Cove, book now.

Several of us believe that the Osborne Lights will be open during the EMH.

Jelly Rolls is quite fun !

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

Thanks for the replies.

Boston Tom, I agree with everything you're saying. Unfortunately, we just booked our vacation this week and there was absolutely NOTHING left by way of dinner reservations. I tried everything! I know, I feel like we got the leftovers that no one else wanted.

Believe me, I tried Ohana, Mama Melroses, California Grill, Brown Derby. I even tried a few character dinners. Nothing.

Has anyone had any luck with just walking in restaurants, evening of? Or is that unheard of, not having a reservation?

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

Who's Carlo on the Boardwalk?

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

You will not be disappointed in San Angel, Kona or Spoodles...." so 3 outa 4 aint bad!!!"...for San Angel i would just get there a little early for my reservation and go ahead and check in and sometimes they will get you in early....also, it never hurts to try walk-up.....sometimes people dont show for their reservations and they can get you in

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

In disney talk its not a reservation,its priority seating. It just means you'll get seated before any stand by-s (like a dining fastpass) . Call Mama's when you arrive to dine and see what the wait is for stand by, also at Poly you can just walk to O'hana, its about thirty feet away. San Angel presents a different situation. I would present myself at 6:30 p and when they tell you a 7:30 is what's on their sheet say there must be is a mistake on the time, and see what the reaction is. Good luck!

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

collz,

i know it is not usual but my family spent Christmas´Eve last year @ MK and as you, didn´t manage to book anything since it was a last minute trip and guess what...we had dinner at Cristal Palace !!!

so, what I´m saying is keep trying ...who knows!

You will have a wonderful time!

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
859 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our schedule. Is it ok?

Just read the menu at Spoodles...sounds awesome. I think we will try and get reservations there. If I hadn't read your post I would have never known about the place.

Your schedule looks great! I would choose the Sci Fi Dine in before Hollywood and Vine.