We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap holidays to orlando florida

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
cheap holidays to orlando florida

hi everyone,i live in northern ireland and for some reason travel agents always seem to penalise people who live here by making it dearer for us to fly to orlando than what it is to fly from the 'main land' why is this? the people of northern ireland live closer to orlando so surely it should be cheaper.(phew thank goodness i have got that off my chest,ha ha). to cut a long story short, can anyone recommend a travel agent to give CHEAP deals to orlando florida,as i want to treat my wife who for the past year has battled cervial cancer and i want to give her a real treat.thank you for taking the time to read this.hope SOMEONE can help

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

Forget travel agents truegooner and forget flying from Aldergrove. The cheapest way to fly to Orlando in my experience is to fly BA from Dublin.

I have flown to Orlando or Tampa many times as have friends and I can never get any cheaper than this route.

Aer Lingus this year is also coming close and flies direct rather than through Gatwick.

Dublin is so accessible now that (depending where you are of course) it is really handy.

The airport itself is always very busy and the check in is horribly slow but it is definatley worth it.

I am leaving the province soon to live in England and the one thing I will not miss is the limited travel opportunites from BFS - dont start me on winter sun destinations!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

Hey, at least you can drive to Dublin if you want, try living on an island in the Irish sea!!!

Flights for my fam just to get to gatwick or manchester are over £700. When it used to be BA i could get them for 4-500. There are flights to Dublin here, but they are expensive and on a tiny plane. Will check that route out next time though.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

Jenni,

good luck with your move. Will you be engaging in the same profession in Blighty? Will your new 'patients' understand your accent ;-)

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

I have sent you a message, A

ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

thanks for the advice jenni

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

Travelling with Aer Lingus direct to Orlando (8 hrs) in four weeks time.Usually go with Delta via Atlanta...takes over 13 hrs with stop over.Booked well ahead, Aer Lingus was €149 plus taxes each way.

Route only started in October.Any reports yet?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

Dublin, what times are the flights out and return? It's not cheap to fly to dublin from here, but that's a great price.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

Flight leaves Dublin at 11.50 and lands Orlando at 16.10 . Return flight at 18.00 and lands Dublin 07.10. All local time. On- line check in so no check in lines. No charge for hold luggage.(32 kilo in 2 bags) plus 6 K of hand luggage.

Have never flown transatlantic with Aer Lingus and it now classifies itself as a budget airline but at these prices and non stop I can forgo a lot of 'service'

Co Down, N. Ireland
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

Most stress free/comfortable/lazy way - My Travel Premiair from Aldergrove to Sanford. Will cost about £800 a seat now, we booked early for £600ish which is the same price as Aer Lingus want now for cattle class from Dublin. Taxi from Sanford to Hotel $100ish plus tip. Peak season prices of course.

However, Mytravel only fly4/5 months of the year.

Off - peak, best bet would be Aer Lingus from Dublin with loads of cheap flights. Have read reviews already on their route of shabby planes, overhead TV's for IFE, etc. Seating maps on their website show no premium section.. Dead on at the right price, i suppose.

If you are north of belfast, like me, its a toss up between driving to Dub or hopping over the water from the city airport, depends on how much the main flight is when you get there. The big hit is when you come home and have 2 or 3 hours on the road or hanging around Gatwick for 3 hours waiting for a connection with a headful of jetlag.

ergo, Mytravel Premier from Aldergrove direct.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap holidays to orlando florida

Not a chance ardanstour.

Best way for comfort & flexibility of travel is BA from Dublin.