We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

Need help deciding where to dine at Epcot. We can either do Biergarten at 6:55pm or San Angelo Inn at 7:30pm. Then we want to be able to get to somewhere nice to watch Illuminations.

Any suggestions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

These two restaurants,from our experience, are at oppsite ends of pleasant experiences. We visited Biergarten before it became an overpriced buffet and was awful then. Have been to San Angel twice and enjoyed both times. However 7:30 may be cutting it too close. Don't know if any other choices are available but 7p would be my absolute latest. You don't have a guarantee you'll be seated right away and you certainly don't want to rush your dinner.

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

There will be those who don't agree with me on this one but I must say the Biergarten would be my choice.

We had an awful time at the San Angel Inn last year. We had a 7:30 reservation, hopeful we would be done in time to see illuminations. We were not seated until 8:40. A few of us tried to dash outside to see abit of the fireworks but found the show almost over and the view blocked by the trees. THe Meal itself was the worst we have ever had. The menu is very limited. The kids were almost in tears.

This past Sept ( and many times before ) we made a last minute choice of the Biergarten. It was great. The Buffet had plenty to please everyone and the entertainment was fun. Very relaxed and enjoyable Meal.

You'll have plenty of time to go find a little spot for illuminations if you go at 6:55. I'm assuming the show starts at 9 that night, yes ?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

Good point Pa. If there are kids involved San Angel may not offer enough choices. But you'll still never see me in Biergarten again.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

Oh no, we're having lunch at the San Angel. Is it really that bad? I'm really restricted here because hubby has vetoed Norway, Germany, Japan and Morrocco and I'm sick of Chefs and Le Cellier. Besides San Angel has those yummy Fiesta margaritas.

Jennifer

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

Hello collz,

San Angel Innis our least favorite restaurant at Epcot and even though the Biergarten isn't our favorite (LeCellier is) I would go with the Biergarten. For a nice view of Illuminations head over to the Rose and Crown Pub. Enjoy!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

I have eaten at both places numerous times. They are both very different dining experiences. The Biergarten is buffet with interactive entertainment...it was a lot of fun and I always end up leaving there stuff from the giant beers and yummy buffet. The San Angel Inn is by far however, my FAVORITE restaurant in all of Disney. The atmosphere is relaxing, sitting in a dimly lit room with a river & temple right on the side of the restaurant (it is the ride in Mexico). The food is always amazing. We ate there at 7:15pm last time and were able to get out in plenty of time to see Illuminations.

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

I'm not thrilled at eating at yet another buffet, but I really want to see Illuminations. I'm truly afraid after reading some of the horror stories about not being seated for over an hour and missing this show or having to run and find a place to see it!

We've booked so late that there is not a lot available. It looks to me to be on the safe side and and to keep my mind at ease, we should go to Biergarten.

Is there somewhere near the Biergarten that anyone can recommend is a good viewing point?

As always, thanks so much everyone, for your input!

Coll

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

When you come out of the Biergarten walk straight ahead to the Water. It is a 'recomended' Picture Spot and there are a few benches.

I keep wondering if you could just eat a counter service meal that night and make a table service reservation for another day, for lunch or breakfast, might be easier to get something you'll really enjoy. For Dinner that night if you were to go to the Cantina, right across from Mexico ( we all really like that one, big portions, half the price of San Angel Inn ) there is plenty of seating and some good veiws of illuminations. Just a thought.

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

That's a good idea, Partypa. I had read about the Cantina in the past, but I was concerned that I would have to get there very early.

I've read many posts that recommends having a member of your party getting there very early and grab a table to watch the show. And that you didn't need to eat there to sit there. (I know that would annoy the heck out of me!) Is it really hard to get a table to eat at before the show?

Collz

10. Re: Biergarten or San Angelo Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 12:15