We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

Party of 10. This includes 4 parents. 6 kids are 1, 2, 11, 19, 20 and 21. I know - just can't get rid of them!!!! Mention Florida and that's it. At least you know the house will be ok on your return.

Staying 3 Weeks, 4 days Orlando, 3 days Fort Lauderdale,and 2 weeks Sarasota area (shorewalk). Want to visit

IOA

Universal Studios

Seaworld

Aquatica

Busch Gardens

Adventure Island (Next to Busch Gdns- Fantastic hidden gem)

Would like ideas on most economical way to do this, even if it means taking advantage of the weak dollar.

Any other ideas for our oour trip would be most welcome!

Thanks

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

If those are the only Parks you will be visiting then the 4 days in Orlando are okay. But Busch Gardens and Adv Is. are in Tampa. Are those included in the four days? If they are I think you need to allow at least an extra day.

Two weeks in Sarasota seem excessive, unless you have specific plans that require that amount of time - maybe you could use some of that time to make the trip to Busch Gardens and AI. It's actually a little closer to BG than Orlando to BG.

What time of year is your visit?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

When are you going?

Do you have your accommodation sorted?

There are combined tickets , which include all the parks you want (apart from Adventure Island?) - Flex ticket plus. $279.95 +Tax on the Seaworld website

Orlando Flex Ticket Plus

SeaWorld + Aquatica + Busch Gardens + Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure + Wet 'n Wild

This is £137 on Themeparksdirect website and there is one for £115 and I can't see any difference.

Hope this helps.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

Re post by lassie. The cheaper flexticket may be preAquatica opening. As said above 4 days Orlando would be (just) OK for SW, A & the Universal parks.

Assume, therfore you will be fitting Tamps in from your stay in Sarasoto. Can be done but a bit of a drive each day.

Mike

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

HI NW Mike

I checked the website and it was post 1 March 2008 for both tickets but the cheaper one did not include Busch Gardens.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

Thanks all, for your replies. We will be there 14th May to June 4th, and plan to do Busch Gardens and Adventure Island while in Sarasota area. We have booked accomodation at Shorewalk, so it's about an hours drive.

The tickets though - would be used up after two weeks. Does anyone know if you can purchase three weeks tickets, or would we be cheaper paying at the gate, especially with the dollar as it is?

Just gotta work out now, how to manage Orlando - 4 parks in 3 days!!!!!!!

That's why we need 2 weeks at coast.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

This is just a thought - I don't want to interfere with your plans but you say you need 2 weeks at the beach because of doing 4 parks in 3 days in Orlando. You wouldn't have to have so much time at the beach in order to 'recover' if you considered extending your time in Orlando so that you can take it easy and have a days rest in between each park. There are many accomdoations within beautiful resorts in Orlando that you can easily spend lazy days in enjoying the pool and the rest and relaxation. You may enjoy Orlando more if you take it at a slower pace.

I just thought I'd put this to you as I do agree with a previous poster that the time at the beach seems rather excessive. You have 3 weeks which is a fantastic amount of time to enjoy the parks without having to rush but that is exactly what you'll do by having only 3 or 4 days in Orlando.

Have a great time whatever you do!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

Holidaynut, I can see where you're coming from. Love Orlando, but love West Coast even more, and still have the benefit of the two parks over there.

We have been going for 12 years on the trot now, and feel a little bit parked out. Have tried Orlando "Park Day" alternated with a pool day, but feel we all work at a busy pace the other 50 weeks of the year, and go on holiday to slow down.

The kids though would be on your side!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

I'm sorry, I was under the impression this was your first time.

After 12 visits, you definately know what is right for you! After over two weeks at the beach you must come back so laid back that you're almost horizontal!

I must say it's really nice knowing that your 19, 20 and 21 year olds still want to holiday with you, maybe not so nice on the wallet though! No wonder you wanted ideas on the most economical way to do the parks!

All the best

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

Are these the Shorewalk Vacation Villas on 46th Street in Bradenton?

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens

When are you planning to travel? As Adventure Island is closed from the end of October to about the middle of March each year.