We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian air, car and hotel packages.

Souris, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Canadian air, car and hotel packages.

Air, car hotel packages from Canada have amazing prices this year however I am wondering about additional charges for the car rental on site.

Basic insurance is included although we understand some local charges are extra such as emission and state taxes there is also and optional LDW waiver.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect for additional charges and if they bothered with the LDW etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Wingham, Ontario
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian air, car and hotel packages.

They will nail you with approx. $ 100.00 in misc. charges. You should look at getting an umbrella policy with your insurance company that covers rental cars. You won't need to buy their insurance and you will have 0 deductable if you get in an accident.

Souris, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian air, car and hotel packages.

Thanks again Steve...we were getting alot of different information and just didn't want a big surprise.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian air, car and hotel packages.

We just got back and paid $41CDN in surcharges.

Souris, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian air, car and hotel packages.

Wow...thats great....that's the least I've heard.. some as high as $150. One person even told us they gave up their car for a room upgrade because they were going to have to pay a $100 in emission taxes-for a week?? So I'm guessing you went under the umbrella policy on you home car policy.

Wingham, Ontario
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadian air, car and hotel packages.

We generally stay for 2 weeks, therefore accuring more misc. charges ie: battery surcharge - car batteries do not last very long in hot/humid climates. They will try hard to sell you extra insurance. My guess is they get commission on extra insurance sales.

6. Re: Canadian air, car and hotel packages.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 11:21