We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

OK - I need a tip! I'm going to be in Boca and the family has talked me into a 1-day trip to WDW Magic Kingdom. All the books say arrive an hour before opening but that means leaving Boca at 8. I also hate the idea of the huge crowd getting from the parking lot then using the monorail to the turnstiles.

Is there any "tricky" way of getting to the turnstiles faster? Is there a bus from downtown Disney to the turnstiles (parking at DD is free). Any suggestions?

Also - what about dropping off? I'd be willing to drop off my family at the turnstiles and then go park. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

Obviously I meant "that means leaving Boca at 5 to arrive at 8". Heh heh. :-))))

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

You'd better leave Boca absolutely possitively NLT 5:30 a.m. if you want to be at WDW's Magic Kingdom an hour before the 9 a.m. opening -

And, that's if road traffic conditions are ideal.

You cannot drive up to the MK entrance turnstiles.

Additionally, there's no tricky way because if you want to drop off your family at the Ticket and Transportation Center, you'll be wasting a lot of time, have to park all the while your family is waiting on you.

You can take take the ferry boats to the MK instead of the monorail, anyway.

Just deal with it and park - There are frequent WDW trams that take you from the parking lot to the TTC.

Guess this may be a "Wake-Up" call in more ways than one...

LOL

Oh, yeah - throw away those books...

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

you could plan to arrive even earlier, go to wilderness lodge or the contemporary for bkfst, then take either boat from WL or monorail from contemporary right up to MK. chef mickeys at contemporary is worth it if you have kids with you.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

What about buses? If I park at Downtown Disney could I bus to MK?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

No. You'll have to take a bus to one of the hotels and then another to the Magic Kingdom.

You sound like you're going to put yourself through a lot of time-wasting hassle to avoid paying for parking - Do you honestly think it will be worth it ?

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

Is there no possibilty of staying the previous night in Orlando at a reasonably priced motel/hotel, then you wouldn't have to leave so early to get to Disney, and would have plenty of time to breakfast and park the car, and still be there for 8am!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

I only know of 2 ways in, Monorail or Ferry. you will have to pay a car park charge whichever you use.

Both syestms are crowded , if you want to avoid any or both of these you will have to call in the Thunderbirds, and get them to either tunnel a way in or dangle you on the end of a rope from a hellicopter

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

I wouldnt say that theres any "tricky" way of getting to the turnstiles faster, even if you get there really early you will still have to face crowds, you have to be patient and the turnstile lines are much much faster than the ticket lines, sometimes theres almost no line at all. I belive that the fastest way from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom entrance is by monorail, even though the monorail stops at 2 other stations before arriving to Magic Kingdom it is still much faster than the ferry boat which has to travel all the away across the lake. As long as your in the park in the morning you will do fine, I would recommend going on a day when the park closes a little later so you have some more time to enjoy the park, during the summer season the park usually closes around 9 or 10pm so you should have no problem

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

orlandohelper

FYI -

Oddly enough and believe it or not, the WDW Watercraft ferry boats take virually exactly the same amopunt of time to get to the Magic Kingdom from the TTC as do the WDW Monorail .

The ferry boats have a virtual straight-shot non-stop route across Seven Seas Lagoon to the MK from the TTC whereas the monorail has 2 stops (the Poly & GF) and must go around the outside perimeter of Seven Seas Lagoon.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WDW - best sneaky way into the magic kingdom?

Sounds like regular parking and the TTC it is! Oh - and just so you don't all think I'm a cheap jerk :-) I wasn't concerned about paying for parking. I fully expect to pay for that.

I just remember when I went to WDW 2 years ago we stayed on property and took the bus right to the turnstiles. The thought of parking and then crowds to get on the monorail and then crowds at the turnstiles is daunting. I was hoping to skip that middle step! :-)

But, is not to be, we'll just leave Boca by 5:30 and get to WDW nice and early.

Thanks for all the insights!

-dragon