We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

This is my first trip report so hope you like it:-

We arrived on 31 October at around 10pm to POR and went to check in. Whilst checking in they could not find our booking so they told us to leave it with them and go and get something to eat then come back. We went to get some found after a long day traveling in Boatwright’s which was lovely. When we got back to check in they said we had been booked into the wrong hotel, the Caribbean Beach Resort, and we could go there or they had a room available for us. As we had booked to stay in POR we said we wanted to stay and they give us are room keys, Just Married Pins etc. Our room was at Magnolia Terrace and really nice. The resort was so picturesque and we loved it.

Day 1 Thursday Nov 1

After breakfast we took the bus over to Epcot and were there for park opening. This was actually the only time we saw the Dream Team, they allowed family in front of us to open the park that morning. So on entering the park we saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy etc. In Epcot we loved three rides. The first Test Track (no queuing at all) was brilliant, it was great traveling at so fast around the track. Mission Space, Orange Mission simulator ride is unbelievable, the force of the air on your body is so intense and we both thought that this was a great ride. And Soaring was unbelievable you really felt like you were flying. The Land Pavilion was interesting and I could not believe the size of the vegetables growing there. The Sea Pavilion was great to see as I love dolphins etc. Apart from the above we did not really think much of Epcot to be honest so we decided to leave around 11.30pm and we would go back later.

We left Epcot and got the bus over to the Animal Kingdom as I knew we would both love this park and we really did. We had lunch first in the Rainforest Cafe and it was really good. My husband could not believe the attention to detail in the café. On entering the park it was lovely to see the different birds etc and the Tree of Life was an amazing sight to see. We loved the Safari it really felt that you were on an African safari and our driver was lovely. Everest is an incredible sight and a great ride we went on it twice in a row, I had read about it but wasn’t expecting a few twists. Won’t say anything else don’t want to spoil it. Dinosaur was another great ride, as was the River Rapids (water rides are always good imo). We had a really good day at AK and saw everything we wanted to. We left the park just before closing and headed back to Epcot to look around World Showcase which is wonderful and the attention to detail is superb. We had Fish & Chips in the Rose & Crown Pub in England and the food was so good. I even got a glowing cocktail! We watched the amazing Illuminations and headed back to our hotel. It was an amazing first day.

Day 2 Friday Nov 2

Another early start and we got our breakfast again at the hotel then got a taxi out to Seaworld. Eleven years ago this was my favorite park and it remains one still today. We arrived as the park gates opened and went straight to the rides as we knew there would be no queues. My husband’s eye’s lit up when we saw Journey to Atlantis and this was the first ride we went on in Seaworld. Journey to Atlantis is a great water ride and you soon dry out in the morning sun. Next it was my fav ride in Seaworld Kraken we went on it twice then and went back later in the day to go again. Remember this is the girl who would not even go on Space Mountain 11 years ago! We saw all the shows Clyde & Seamore was cute, the Dolphin show was a bit cheesy and Believe was shorter than I thought it would be. We did get really wet though as we sat in the 4th row, I knew what to expect but my poor hubby didn’t. haha At 4.15pm we headed back to the Whale arena and went to Dine with Shamu and I would recommend this dining experience. We got to see the Whale a little closer and speak to the trainers one to one. The food was good and plentiful and much to my hubby’s delight you could have as much drinks as you needed. Our day at Seaworld was very good and well worth the trip out of Disney. On leaving Seaworld we got the I Trolley towards Universal Studios the driver told us were to get off to get the Lynx Bus but my hubby could not wait to go to the toilet and we had to get off one stop early. This resulted in us not knowing were to get the bus so we walked from KFC to Universal Studios!! I’ll be honest there was a few cross words!

Anyway once we arrived the park was re-opened again for HHN and it was really good. We only did three of the houses as I was so scared and could not cope with anymore. The first house we went to was Dead Silence and I think it must have been the worst one to go in I was so petrified I nearly cried. After that we went to the Freddie house and Jacks both v. scary too. My hubby was too busy laughing at me to be scared! We went on all the rides that were opened and we loved the Revenge of The Mummy. Even though we only went to three of the houses it was worth going to see, as we got to go on the other Universal rides as well. We really enjoyed ourselves even after our long walk there and I would recommend the HHN if in the area at that time of year but for adults only!

Day 3 Saturday Nov 3

We left the hotel again by taxi and went out to Discovery Cove for our day with the Dolphins. You really do feel special walking through the entrance here and after getting our lovely picture ID cards and the time of our dolphin swim (11.30am) we headed into the park to get our wetsuits. I found the complete wetsuit v. uncomfortable and went back and changed it to a vest. We first went to the Stingray pool which was freezing but it was good to touch the stingray. I never go under water so was so proud of myself for being able to achieve this at Discovery Cove, even with goggles on I would not have done so before so it was a big deal for me. It was great seeing the fish underwater. We spent the morning swimming around the tropical river (me panicking in the deep parts, holding onto my hubby as he swam me across) and looking at the tropical fish and the coral reef. Then we went for our dolphin swim at 11.30am. It was amazing words, can’t describe how good it was. We met two dolphins one called Aries; she was 2 years old and still training and was so lovely. She even managed to pull the kids and the mums with our group across the pool. I also got a lovely kiss from her! The next dolphin we met was called Lester, I can’t remember how old they said he was but he had outlived a dolphin’s life expectancy. I can’t swim very well so I did not go to the deep section but was able to hold onto him in the swallow section and be pulled over to the group. It was amazing, a childhood dream achieved. The whole set up in Discovery Cove is amazing, the food was good and you could have as much as you want. There were also snack and drinks areas which were great. The shower facilities are brilliant and you really do not need to bring anything with you except some money or a Visa. We bought the complete DVD & Photo package and it is well worth the money. We stayed to about 3pm and left to go back to Disney. Discovery Cove is an amazing experience and I would highly recommend a trip there, although if I was going with kids I would wait until they are old enough to swim with the Dolphins.

We got the taxi back to Disney MGM Studios which was a mistake as we had to pay $11 to get into the car park. Tip: Get the taxi back to a resort hotel then get the bus. We loved MGM Studios and I thought it would be my least fav park. The first ride we went on was Star Wars but I was a little bit disappointed by it. I think that it is a bit dated and needs the new graphics of the new films. We walked around and went on Back lot tour which isn’t the most exciting ride but was interesting. We then saw High School Musical Pep Rally which was brilliant for me as I’m a fan of the films. We didn’t go on the great movie ride. We saw the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular which was good and with the new Indiana film coming out will not be so much out dated. We saw Fantasmic at 7.30pm and it was a brilliant show we only got there 15mins before the show started and got seats 4 rows from the front. After the show we headed over to Rock N Roller Coaster which was brilliant and we went on it twice. Ok now was the moment I had been dreading as my hubby pulled me up the path to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, hearing the screams was making me actually feel sick and standing in the room before entering the queue for the elevator I was almost crying. Standing at the doors I was shaking, it was awful. I was so petrified as I got in the lift and took my seat, thank goodness in the back row, we started a nice little journey and then it went dark and I think I was the first to scream as the lift went up and down and up and down etc. I didn’t want it to end, my fear was for nothing, and my personal opinion is that it is the best ride in Orlando! We got off and went to go again but unfortunately it was closed and we had to make our way out of the park, with the vow that I’d be back to go on the Tower again!

Hope you enjoyed reading about our first three days in the parks. Part 2 coming soon...

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
179 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

Great trip report! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Formby, United...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

great report. i can't wait for the next part.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

What a brillian trip report - looking forward to the next installment.

Its sounds like you had a fantastic time

Laura

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

Thank you for the detailed report. Sounds like a wonderful time...can't wait to read Part II!

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

Thanks everyone we had a wonderful time and glad I can share it with you all. Part 2 will be coming soon.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

Hi Melissa,

I so ejoyed reading your report. Was "with ya' almost every step of the way. Good for you and the "gutsy'rides.Tower of Terror is my one of my favs,and what can you say about Soarin?? I just wish it was a bit longer. I've been on it at least 6 times,and lift m feet u every time,so I won't kick the rafters,or the get my feet wet in the ocean :+)). Weheeeee!

Sounds like you covered a lot of territory,to say the least.

Glad you got your room at the POR. I love that place.

Congrats on yor wedding,and I look forward to part II.

Was it a bit hard to come home???

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

It wasn't hard leaving Florida as we were going to Jamaica for a week but its hard now I'm home and back in work esp since its soo cold. Giving it to be -4 C tonight!!

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

Great trip report! I loved hearing about Seaworld as I've never been there. We love Tower of Terror too! We are going back next week and one of the main reasons is that my son was too small for Rock and Roller Coaster in 2000, and in Jan. 2007 is was closed for maintenance work. Your report makes me look even more forward to the attractions!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

Hi Melissa, Really enjoyed reading your Part 1 report it must have taken ages to write that, It takes me long enough to think of a couple of lines! Look forward to Part 2. EvieCee.

uk
Level Contributor
216 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneymoon Trip Report Pt 1

you should post over at www.disboards.com they have a disneymoon forum the ladies over there would love a good trip report with pics