We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MBG
The Villages...
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

My husband, 19-yr-old daughter and I are staying at Star Island on Hwy.192 and must check out by 10 AM on Christmas Day. We are flying to London on a 6 PM flight. I'm looking for suggestions for a nice brunch or lunch late that morning as I hate to spend 6-7 hours at Orlando airport. Any ideas would be appreciated -- thank you!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

We've seen a few "upscale" places doing Xmas day reservations, but choices are going to be very limited and reservations a must.

Most chain restaurants and certainly "fast food" will be closed on Xmas day.

hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

Check to see if there is a late checkout available, at least then you wont have to rush, and relax a bit on christmas morning.

Chris

hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

I also read recently on this forum, that people had made reservations at the Peabody hotel on I drive and they do a late christmas lunch, good luck

Chris

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

try The Gaylord Palms Resort

they even have brunch with Mrs Claus among other options

and also check opentable.com

MBG
The Villages...
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions! I went to opentable.com and found the Raglan Road Irish Pub in Downtown Disney and got an 11 AM reservation there. They are doing a turkey and ham dinner all day. Decided against doing a brunch as we don't want to overeat before the flight.

We decided that an Irish Pub would be pretty close to a London Pub and we'd kick off our vacation with Christmas lunch. Again -- thanks for the help and Happy Holidays to all!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

Has anyone ever reserved at the Columbia Restaurant in Celebration for Christmas dining? I know they are open "365 days a year" and I was thinking Celebration might be a pretty spot to be perhaps with nice decorations about the town etc. Has anyone done this? Any idea if they would be booked by now? I thought the Spanish and Tapas menu might be different and I love their special salad- at least I loved it in Tampa and assume it is similar.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

We land Christmas Day but too late for the what I hear is the fab brunch at the Peabody Hotel (nr. the Convention Centre) although we have booked Christmas evening dinner there for later. The brunch is up to 4pm and I can't think (looking at their website) of a nicer place to finish of a holiday - yes much better to linger there than the airport. Or the Rosen Shingle Creek in the same area does the same kind of this - both nice venues to finish off with.

Good luck and let me know how the holiday went and all the tips you can remember on best place for breakfast, steak and rib place and your favourite park - we want to do just Epcot and Seaworld.

8. Re: Christmas Day Brunch Ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 07:20