We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Disney parks what days??

new york
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Which Disney parks what days??

Going to Disney the 18 of January. Planning on doing the Disney Parks during the weekday part of our visit. With all the different sites offering different info does anyone recommend what days are best for the Disney Parks?

Also has anyone used the unoffical Disney sites touring plan for the parks? How did that work out.

Have not been since 2002 anything new that should not be missed?

Thanks for the input it's really appreciated.

pa
Level Contributor
54,315 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Disney parks what days??

January is a good time for low crowds. You will however be going during the MLK Holiday so expect crowd levels to be about 5 - 6 fri - mon. You can check

touringplans.com

but I wouldn't be too concerned about which Parks on which days. Tuesday - Thursday will be very Un Busy.

For Lots of up to date info on all things Disney check-out

wdwinfo.com

allearsnet.com

There are quite a few "new" rides and shows that have come along in the last 5 years. Both those sites will give the Park Hours and Fireworks and Parade Times as well

Happy Planning :)

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Disney parks what days??

how long will you be staying?...this will help us help you with day planning....if you havent been since 2002, you will have a blast:

Magic Kingdom: Mickey's Philharmagic 3-D, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, both Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion have received updates

Animal Kingdom: Everest Coaster, Finding Nemo Musical and new Yeti and Yak restaurant

Hollywood Studios (MGM): Lights Motors Action Stunt Show, and Narnia (but dont waste your time with Narnia)

Epcot: Nemo and Friends Clamobiles, Turtle Talk with Crush (very very funny), Soarin, Mission Space (has a mild and a wild version)

See what you've been missing?...have fun!

new york
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Disney parks what days??

Fly home on the 27th. Our passes have 5 Park day and 2 pluses left on them. We also plan on doing Sea World on the 19th.

I am usually pretty anal about trip planning,Park day what order rides all written out. Not in full gear yet feeling totally unprepared. Figured we would do Epcot on Monday, MK Tuesday, Animal Kingdom Wed., MGM Thusday and see what Friday brings which will allow for a hopefully warm day one of the days to go to Typhoon Logoon.

Anyone been to Disney Quest? My daughter will be thirteen while we are there and she wants to spend the day Downtown Disney and a trip to DQ, sounds like an older kids version of Chuckie Cheese, please tell me its not that bad!!! My little one is celebrating her 5th birthday, she really just wanted to go to Cinderella's Castle, to late for that I didn't know it had turned all character meals, to bad it was great for lunch ..

Thanks!!

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Disney parks what days??

Yes, Disney Quest is like a giant Chucky cheese ...just with WAY better games!! Ha Ha!! Both my girls(9&15) and my husband,LOVE it!!So do I cause I skip it & go shopping in peace!!

pa
Level Contributor
54,315 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Disney parks what days??

A 13 year old could easily spend 1/2 a day at Disney Quest. It's quite fun for the whole Family. Check-out

www.allearsnet.combtp/dqfaq.htm

Another really good Princess Character Meal for your 5 year old would be Princess Storybook Dining at Akershaus Royal Banquet Hall. Located in Norway at Epcot. Less Popular, easier to get a Reservation, better then the Castle, IMO.

www.allearsnet.com/din/rev_princess.htm

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
132 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Disney parks what days??

Used TouringPlans.com for our last trip the week before Christmas this year and it was very helpful. I felt the info was pretty much right on.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Disney parks what days??

Animal Kingdom is GREAT! We went during the week and it was still really busy. Head to the Safari first..the lines are pretty long (or use the fast pass or whatever they call it!)but seemed to be quieter earlier in the day. Lion King performance was really good too, as well as the parade. We found that one day was enough for this park though.

I have to say though, we all preferred SeaWorld. It was much more pleasant walking around, less crowds, we could fit more in...all in all, if you like sea creatures, it was more fun! We actually had a couple of days here and could have gone back again.

8. Re: Which Disney parks what days??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 04:17