We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner before Fantasmic

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner before Fantasmic

Hi everyone - I am trying to change one of our dinners so my son and husband can go to Fantasmic. If we ate at 5:00 at Kona would that give them enough time to get there in time for the 7:00 show. My daughter and I will not be going so they could get up and go whenever they need too. Unfortunately, Fantasmic is only open for the first 3 days so I do not have many options. I really do not want to eat in MGM either. Thanks for any suggestions. We are also staying at the Polynesian.

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

That might be cutting it close. I know 4:30 seems abit early for dinner but it would give you a little extra time. If you can change the reservation or just check-in at the Kona a little ahead of time, I would. It shouldn't be too crowded while you're there ( still going at the end of the month ? ) so getting to Fantasmic 15 minutes before the show should still be OK.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

I was hoping we could eat at 4:30 but I think they open at 5:00. The time is not listed on Allears. Can anyone verify a time for me. Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

Yes, 5pm is correct. Sorry I mentioned 4:30 :(

Last Reservation for Lunch is 3pm, that seems abit too early, unless Lunch is an option for you.

I don't feel I'm being of much help

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

Thanks Partypa and yes any answer gives me help. I think we will just eat at Kona at 5:00 and hopefully my son and husband will have enough time. If it does not happen not the end of the world it is just something our 10 year old really wants to do since we missed it last time. Do you know how often the buses run to MGM and would that be our best and quickest option?

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

Bump.

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

Sorry doyle, I didn't see you had asked another question last night.

The bus runs but it could be 20 minutes between one bus and the next. I'm feeling that your husband will really be cutting it close but may still be worth a try. Keep in mind even once they get to MGM it's a bit of a hike to get to Fantasmic. I'm not sure what to tell you. All the racing to get over there for a 1/2 show may prove to be just too much.

If they don't go, a relaxing dinner at Kona, a little swim in the Pool, watch the MK fireworks from the Beach and you might even catch the Electric Water Parade. It will still be a great evening :)

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

Thanks Partypa - I decided we will do two counter service meals that day so they will be able to get there in plenty of time. Maybe we will do the snack bar at the Polynesian or at one of the parks early so they can get there in time. My one concern was we had a reservation for Norway princess dinner that night which I was able to switch for another night. So it looks like it may all work out. Thanks for all your help.

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

Sorry you won't be eating at the Kona Cafe but very Glad you have come up with a Plan that will work and not leave any of you stressed.

There will always be something you miss, the best reason in the World to go back !!

Don't forget a nice Trip Report when you get back, a little something to keep everyone else dreaming until they can go.

If you like Coffee, please have a Cup for me at the Kona Coffee Cafe ( just to the right of the doors that lead out to the Monorail ) Yummy :)

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

Thanks Partypa and yes I will definitely have some coffee. And do not worry we will not miss eating at Kona we have reservations for one of the last days we are there. We ate at Kona two years ago and it was one of our best meals. Thanks again!

10. Re: Dinner before Fantasmic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 15:17