We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20th Anniversary: Discovery Cove???

Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
20th Anniversary: Discovery Cove???

In 2009 it will be my hubby and I's 20th wedding anniversary. We were thinking about taking a cruise (which we've never done), but when investigating, it seems the things we want to do most is

1) go to a private island

2) swim with dolphins.

The other stuff about cruising doesn't seem to thrill us as much unless we shell out BIG bucks and go with an expensive cruise.

SO, we've been investigating Discovery Cove. I know it's only one day, but we've also never been to SeaWorld and from what I see, a 7 day pass is included.

I know it's a little early, but we are making plans now for next year so we can book and save money.

Do you think a day at Discovery Cove would be as good/better than an excursion from a cruise ship?

Also, is SeaWorld fun?

By the way....we did Disney World for our honeymoon 20 years ago and it was a BLAST.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20th Anniversary: Discovery Cove???

First off, congrats on 20 years!!!!

My husband and I too honeymooned at Disney, but that was a mere 3 years ago.

On our first anniversary, we returned to Orlando, and went to Discovery Cove. Now, while I can't have an opinion on a cruise, due to the fact we've never cruised, I can give our opinion on DC. We had an INCREDIBLE time!!!! The most relaxing day you'll ever experience in Orlando. It was really too amazing to describe. The food/beverages were wonderful as well. The dolphin swim was really something... I don't think I've ever seen my husband that mesmerized and totally in awe that he was finally in the water with a dolphin.

If this is something you've always wanted to do, and you read some of the reviews for DC here on the forums......well then, I think you'll be loving every minute of your 20th anniversary trip!

Love to know what you decide on!!! And again, congrats!!!

Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20th Anniversary: Discovery Cove???

Yes, after reading comments on this site, I have heard so many wonderful things about Discovery Cove and my husband REALLY wants to go there.

I like the idea of low crowds.

I wonder if anyone can compare their Discovery cove experience to that of going on a cruise excursion?

Any advice on SeaWorld anyone?

3. Re: 20th Anniversary: Discovery Cove???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 20:19