We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wishes and Illuminations seating

Michigan
Level Contributor
134 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Wishes and Illuminations seating

Where would be the best place to position ourselves for Wishes in MK and Illuminations in Epcot? I'm assuming some areas are better than others.

The week we are there Wishes is at 10 each night. Illuminations is at 9. I'm sure exiting after the shows is quite a crush, but are there some parking areas that are easier to access after a show. We'll have a rental car as we are not staying in the World.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

Hello lolds,

With love watching Wishes right underneath Tinkerbells wire!!! And for Illuminations by the Rose and Crown Pub in the United Kingdom. Enjoy!

Michigan
Level Contributor
134 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

Is it possible to eat and/or be eating at the pub around the time the show begins?

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

Sure is Lolds, you'll need to phone in your reservation at 407-WDW-DINE as soon as you know what day you'll be there because they book quickly and there is very little outside seating.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
95 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

A good place for wishes is just as you come into the park by going up the stairs to the train station. It gets busy so you need to go there earlier. Good location if you then want to leave the park qucikly. Otherwise at the top of main street is good. When its finished it does get busy down main street but by being at the top of main street you can then get space mountain or buzz without to much trouble.

Illuminations has loads of good spots, the area around England is good, also by Canada and Italy.

Bettystown, Ireland
Level Contributor
823 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

in answer to your question on parking areas, you do not have a choice as you are directed into a specific spot upon arrival. the earliest people get to park up front, so if you only arrive in the evening you may be parked a good distance away.

tip: if you are parked in any of the top rows, say the first 20 and presuming you are phsically fit, do not queue up for the shuttles. walk to your car, it will be much quicker

oxfordshire
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

Lolds, at Epcot if you are anywhere in the vicinity of France round to China (I think) you will have restricted view of the globe and some of the lower fireworks. Other than that anywhere from England right round to the USA in the World Showcase (clockwise) should be good (the only exception is immediately in front of USA where there is a theatre where they do various events).

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

My parents tried watching Wishes from the train station, as someone else suggested, and were happy with the view as well as the quick exit to the monorail station. My favorite Wishes experience actually happened by accident. We were rushing to get in one more ride on Dumbo before the park closed. Just as the ride begain, the fireworks started exploding overhead. There was nothing more emotional to me than to be flying thru the air, snuggling with my 3 year old while beautiful music and fireworks surrounded me. After exiting the ride we were able to watch the remainder of the show. During our most recent trip we tried to re-create the experience, and lo-and-behold it happened again!! It was truly one of my favorite Disney experiences.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

We hired the boat for Epcot it was a great experience and not expensive at all ,plus you get some munchies as well

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
828 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

What is the boat from Epcot????

pa
Level Contributor
54,310 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wishes and Illuminations seating

Lippylulu,

check-out

www.allearsnet.com/btp/illum.htm

it will give all the details of the Illuminations Boat Cruise.