We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Patricks Day 2008

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
St Patricks Day 2008

Hi All,

Will be in Orlando for 2 weeks in March, and in the middle of our visit falls St Paddy's day.

This year the actual day is on a Monday.

Does much happen around Orlando to celebrate this?

And if so, will it be on the Saturday and/or Sunday, or the Monday?

Not looking for anything major, just something a bit different from at home. Will have 2 adults +2 kids

Am flexible on location - Downtown Orlando, Downtown Disney, any of theme parks, Universal, any of the malls, etc.

Just trying to plan this around my 2 weeks holiday.

All feedback welcome, and thanks in advance!

pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

There will be festivities the whole weekend.

Check-out

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/events.htm

dublin
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

Hi DublinLocal, We head out to Florida on March 13th. I believe there is St. Patricks Day Celebrations at the town of Celebration which is just off the 192 .Its a very attractive town rather sureal in fact . there are some beautiful homes a lake you can walk around , some very good restaurants and a selection of gift shops .Its a place the kids love to visit, and on July 4th they have a super evenings entertainment ,with music ,traditional American fare , games for the kids and it finishes off with a superb fireworks display . I will let you know if I find out any more on St Paddys Day celebrations .

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

Hi Dublinlocal

We were in Orlando two years ago for paddys day ...and Universal had some terrific irish dancers ...and finnigans bar in Universal also had alot going on ...its was a good crack !!!!

Annie

Bettystown, Ireland
Level Contributor
823 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

we'll be there and plan to spend it in Raglan Road irish bar in downtown disney. might see you there!

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

There is always something going on downtown Orlando, as well -- if anyone is looking to get away from the theme park area for a bit, but more for adults, not families. There will be a new Irish bar called Finnhenrys opening soon, hopefully in time for St. Patrick's Day.

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

Thanks all - keep it coming!

I really like Celebration, so I'd be interested to here anything specific about it.

Also anything within the theme parks themselves?

Bettystown, Ireland
Level Contributor
823 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

bumping up for drogheda

Florida
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

Flogging Molly will be at House of blues, downtown disney on march 7th.

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

So any more events - not all linked to pubs! Also looking for theme park events, parades, etc.

All feedback welcome!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St Patricks Day 2008

Many of the festivities in Orlando are more for adults held in particular locations such as Raglan Road, Pat O'Brien's and other bar/restaurants. Pleasure Island and CityWalk will have entertainment and festivities going on in the streets.

For more info on Celebration go to www.celebrationtowncenter.com. Go under special events and click on St Patrick's Day Celebration which gives you some details about the event. That may be your best bet.

If you don't mind driving a bit there is a wonderful parade and celebration held yearly in Ybor City, Tampa. They have Mardi Gras like floats and it's fun for all ages.

Have fun where ever you go!