We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please recommend a hotel/ June/ family of 5

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Please recommend a hotel/ June/ family of 5

Hello --

We will be visiting in June, staying for a week at a time-share resort, but wanted to add a few days to the trip before our planned week stay. (2-3 nights most likely). We have 3 kids -- 12, 10, and 9 -- so many accommodations are already ruled out (esp. most Disney properties).

We'd like to keep the cost reasonable, but would love a spacious room (2 doubles and sofa bed would be enough), nice pool, full breakfast incl, and in Kissimmee or LBV preferably. We have AAA and Entertainment Book memberships if anyone knows of good deals through those groups. I have heard about Comfort Suites Maingate East from the TA 2008 awards, so would love to hear how that property compares, if anyone has personal experience.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,960 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please recommend a hotel/ June/ family of 5

First of all, some time shares rent their rooms via brokers like hotel rooms so you might be able to pick up single nights at your current resort if you like. Ones like Cypress Pointe do this as well as others. Some have min of 3 nights booked this way.

In LBV, I can highly recommend Staybridge Suites for your famaily size (we are a fam of five too). Round the corner and a bit cheaper most times is Courtyard by Mariott. Both of these are well located, near to DTD, plus have lots nearby in walking distance and have a full cooked breakfast buffet that can be included in your rate. Both do one bed suites with 2 doubles/queens and a sofa bed in living room. SS has a full kitchen, CM has a mini kitchen.

On the same rd as SS, and much cheaper is the Country Inn and suites LBV where a one bed suite with continental breakfast buffet. The pool is small, but if you are just doing parks all day it will serve its purpose. I did a review of this one and CM recently.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please recommend a hotel/ June/ family of 5

Thanks -- I'll look into those suggestions!

Jean

nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please recommend a hotel/ June/ family of 5

Comfort Suites Maingate East would be perfect for you. We stayed last Feb and are going again on Feb 9th. Breakfast was great and pool wonderful.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please recommend a hotel/ June/ family of 5

Thanks to all --

I think we're going to go with Comfort Suites Maingate East -- looks very nice and of course I trust TA to direct me to a winner. :)

Jean

5. Re: Please recommend a hotel/ June/ family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 04:16