We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hopper pass

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hopper pass

This is our first trip to WDW. We will be there for 11 nights. We plan on going to all of the parks including sea world etc..we also have one day set out for Kennedy Space center, and a beach day. Being that this is our first trip, should we omit the hopper pass on our tickets?

Thanks for any reply!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hopper pass

If you've never been to the parks before and you are sure there's enough to keep your interest at each park you plan to visit, then yes, you can go without the hopper pass.

Be sure to study the Disney parks before you decide for sure. If you think there's not enough to keep your interest for at least 3/4 of a day, then you might want to consider getting the hopper so you can leave that park and go to another one.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot take a full day for sure. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios may not take a full day, but it really depends on the crowds too.

When is your trip dates?

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hopper pass

Our trip dates are 5/11-5/23, and we also have our 3 year old son.

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hopper pass

For a first trip, I don't recomend the Hopper. There is plenty of time in 11 days to cover the Parks at an easy Pace, no need to be hopping.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hopper pass

Since you won't be going to Disney during a peak visitation time, I have to lean toward not getting the park hopper as well.

Having a child that young may mean you need to take an afternoon break on park days too, so one park per day will be just fine.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hopper pass

If you are staying off-site,a park hopper won't be worth the extra $. Let us know if you are staying on Disney property and I'll give you plenty of reasons for a "hopper"

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
859 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hopper pass

Save your $135 if you are not staying on Disney property. You will have enough time to see each park by spending a whole day or two at each.

If you are staying on Disney property...it would be well worth the money to purchase the hopper in my opinoin.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hopper pass

I agree with Chelb(?)

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hopper pass

Thanks for all the great information so far. We will be staying onsite at Pop resort.

Central Florida
Level Contributor
524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hopper pass

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can always buy a base ticket (non hopping) and try that for a couple of days. Then, if you chose to do so, you can always take your tickets to the Guest Relations window at any of the parks and upgrade them for $45 per ticket to a park hopper.

For first timers, I usually suggest a non hopping ticket as Magic Kingdom and Epcot will take a least one day each and even though Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are not as big, they can wind up taking most of the day as well. If it's hot outside, even a small park can feel like it's taking forever to get around.

Also...don't forget you're on vacation. Don't overschedule yourself to the point that you need a vacation from your vacation when you get home. Mickey, Shamu and Spiderman will be around for the forseeable future and you can always come back.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hopper pass

O.K. Min, knowing that you are staying on-site makes a dif. It is too much for a child that age to go from dawn til dusk. You may want to spend mornings in the M.K. when it is less crowded, take a break at the hotel and go to Epcot for a more relaxing evening. Your son may be really engaged by Fantasmic, and may wish to see it twice(or the other evening entertainment shows for that matter)You are not married to one park for the entire day.The Park Hopper gives you the flexibilty to make changes on the fly.