We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

child swap?

Alberta
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
child swap?

I've randomly read about a "child swap" (or something like that?) option on WDW rides. Could anyone elaborate on what exactly does that mean?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,389 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: child swap?

Both parents go through the line and when you get to the ride, one rides while the other stays with the child. Then, the parents "swap out" and the other parent takes the first one's place on the ride.

Make sense?

Alberta
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: child swap?

oh, I see. So this is for rides where the kids wouldn't be interested to go on, but cant be left alone. Thanks!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,389 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: child swap?

Also used when both parents want to ride a ride, but the child may be too small.

ireland
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: child swap?

i'd like to swap my 14yr old if anyone interested?

ireland
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: child swap?

he just told us he to old to come on holiday with us. never thought you could be to old for disney

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: child swap?

Too old for Disney...........yes you can. We are going for two weeks in May and our 14 and 10 year old are saying they dont wanna do Disney coz "its for kids"

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
473 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: child swap?

For your 14 year old...consider a day or two at Universal & Islands of Adventure...our 13 year old loved Disney but, is SO excited about seeing the technologically cool innovation at Universal/IOA...a 7 day unlimited visit advance purchase pass to BOTH parks is only $85 on the Universal website right now.

..also, you might consider giving him complete control/make him in charge of planning one of the days of the trip via the computer, printing out info on rides, etc...hard not to be interested once you start reading about the attractions and they always like to appear as if they "know everything" so that might motivate him some, too <smile>

Also, look at doing one of the SKY VENTURE experiences. It is a company that has a wind tunnel that simulates sky diving with helmets, flight suits, video/pictures...great for a teen!

Just don't let him talk you into leaving him at home...family vacation time together is so important-even for (and maybe more so) the unwilling participants :)

Happy Travels from a Mom of 13, 11, and 4 y/olds!

ireland
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: child swap?

lol. thinking along the lines of swappin him for new micra?

i was gobsmacked when he said he was to old for disney. this'll be the 4th time we've been, were there last aug, and up until now thought he was looking forward to it. might have something to do with new gf?

never tried sky adventure sounds good and will be something different, we've done disney, universal,airboat and heli rides all usual tourist stuff.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
473 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: child swap?

shell13,

Gobsmacked? GREAT word...love it...now I just have to figure out how I can incorporate it into by world :)

Heard Sarah Jessica Parker say this on David Letterman..thought it was just celebrity speak <lol>

Happy Travels!

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: child swap?

Man I saw the title of this thread and got all excited...I thought I was gonna get to swap a teenager for something older or younger.....rats.